1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

calling on all Windows experts

Discussion in 'Programming' started by alhoop, Oct 8, 2005.

Hi fellas,

Does anybody know where windows store the IE forms history from internet explorer? I have looked high and low and asked so many people and nobody seems to know.

The IE forms I am talking about is when you go to Tools -> Internet options -> contrent -> autocomplete button then check the []forms.

Thanks in advance

alhoop, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  2. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    Internet Explorer—Web Login AutoComplete Passwords
    I think they are stored in the index.dat file here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\UserData\

I am not sure you can read these values very easily at all. There is lots more info on this page (Internet Explorer—Web Login AutoComplete Passwords), but it says at the end:
    If you are on Windows 2K or XP on ntfs, it is tough. I have heard of programs that will reveal passwords when asterisks show up. I believe those might be easy to find. LOL, lots of them! Snapfiles Freeware (good site):
    Password Recovery Tools

mikmik, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  3. alhoop

alhoop Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks MikeMike.... I think they are stored in the protected storage area in the resgistry (encrypted) as someone have told me recently. Now I have to find a way to decrypt it :)

alhoop, Oct 9, 2005 IP