1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Calling On All Seo Experts! Your Help Is Needed!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by re-commerce, Dec 5, 2008.

Dear all,

I am studying for a Masters Degree in E-commerce at Swansea Metropolitan University, Wales, UK.

I need help with a research project I am completing into whether Search Engine Optimisation is an Art or a Science, and I am inviting you to contribute by completing a short questionnaire.

I would be very grateful for your contribution and when my conclusions are available I would be more than happy to share these with respondents to the questionnaire.

If you are willing to participate, please could you provide me with your e-mail address at rdevans.106109@students.smu.ac.uk and I will then contact you directly.

Many thanks for taking time to read my call for help!

Richard

re-commerce, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  2. NaughtyNeo

NaughtyNeo Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engine optimization is definitely a science.

But some of the process involved in seo can be considered as an art. For example, the on page optimization is a science (meaning more of technical stuff) while writing and publishing an article for Link bait could be an art. Not everyone can do that.

-Neo

NaughtyNeo, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  3. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with NaughtyNeo.

SEO is a science because some of its tactics, techniques and strategies are verifiable. They give results and practice to all. They're followed by every SE analyst. Whereas it is an art at the same time because of the ever-changing trends in algorithms of search engines and who doesn't know about Google Dance. It's like hit n trial. Search engines come up with new and modified secret algorithms. And SEOs beat them with even better strategies everytime. Any unpredticable thing with hit an trial approach is taken as an art only. I hope I tried to give my point :)

And this article may help you a bit in your research :)

http://www.rankforsales.com/why-seo-is-a-science-as-well-as-an-art.html

Chill & Cheers!

chillingbreeze, Dec 5, 2008 IP