Call me stupid or Call me Stupid – I FINALLY decided to join Adsense

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by LaCabra, Nov 9, 2005.

I know I know, call me a knob, I should have joined when I launched my portal a few years back. Anyways I decided to join Adsense on Friday Nov. 4th and I must say it’s a nice feeling to wake up every morning and see some money in the kitty. I also shiver at the thought of how much revenue I have let slip away in the last few years.

Here's the scoop! I am currently running around $45 on just over 6000 page impressions. My site runs around 30,000 impressions per month on a niche market site. I know I can probably do better in adsense than I currently am but have no idea as to how I would go about this. I've read through the forums but get side tracked and need a starting point. I can not even begin to guess what would be a reasonable amount to expect.

I would like your feedback as to how to improve my adsense revenue for the following site; www.leatherpages.com . I’m not sure as to the placement of the ads, is it overkill, should I do something different? I would greatly appreciate any feedback you have to share.

Thanks in advance!
    Frank

LaCabra, Nov 9, 2005 IP
    TheHoff likes this.
  2. Roze

Roze Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not a placement expert but I have an opinion if you'd like to hear it. There's the blending theory and the stick out theory. I'm for the blending because it doesn't bug users into wanting to leave before they're ready. It's subtle, but if you change the links on the adsense to the darker blue to match your site it might look more like a navigational element and less like a block of ads but users will still recognize that they're links.

Roze, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  3. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Good point Roze thanks!

LaCabra, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  4. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Ok, you're stupid. :D

Looks ok at the mo. You may want to just tweak the colors a little as already suggested to get the blend a little better.

mcfox, Nov 9, 2005 IP
    LaCabra likes this.
  5. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    hehehe McFox :p ! Yah I've been staring at the site for the last hour trying to get an idea!;)

LaCabra, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  6. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They don't seem to be relevant to the site's content at the moment. I'd maybe drop a blended and borderless square box under the news headlines and try to put some content around the top header box that mentioned leather, a little description then it would pick that up more in the box. Your users are their for leather so give it 'em

Dio, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  7. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With 3 adsense blocks on the page, people might be getting a little blind to them. I find, that with adsense, less is more. I'd try one adsense block (the big rectangle) and put it near or just below the main content of the page. I do that, and it works wonderfully.

lorien1973, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  8. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    hmmm interesting! thank you dio and lorien

LaCabra, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  9. solution2u

solution2u Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Dio that borderless square box can perform better. Perhaps you can add some leather related product eMiniMalls into your website as well.

solution2u, Nov 9, 2005 IP