1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Calculating keyword density

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Arthur1, Aug 11, 2011.

Could I get your advice on the subject of keyword density as I am having a debate about it with a client?

The client wants a 1,000 word article with 3% keyword density. The keyword has two words in it.

3% of 1,000 is 30. The client wants the keyword used 30 times. I seem to remember reading that you should divide the numbers of keyword phrases required by the numbers of words in the keyword - 30 divided by 2 = 15. Is that right? Should the two word keyword phrase be used 30 or 15 times?

I would appreciate your expert thoughts.

Thanks

Arthur1, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  2. kevbo22

kevbo22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always shoot for a 5-6% keyword density. I use: www.live-keyword-analysis.com to check that. The percent amount per keyword has always been debated. I have read here on DP that the proper keyword density is 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6% etc. Everyone will have an opion. I do believe with the new Google Panda update too much keyword density is a bad thing. But if you were to have 1000 words with 3% density, the keyword would be used 30 times. 1000*3%=30 even if your keyword is multiple words.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    kevbo22, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  3. Dirty Butch

Dirty Butch Peon

Best Answers:
    Since there are 2 words in the keyword, my opinion is that it should appear 15 times. Imagine if you had a 10 words keyword; it would be ridiculous to reserve 300 words just for density (just an example to illustrate my point :p)

Dirty Butch, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  4. mmagikman

mmagikman Peon

Best Answers:
    Two or more keywords is technically a keyphrase btw. I would put the keyphrase in 30 times. 6% isn't gonna hurt.

mmagikman, Aug 11, 2011 IP