1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

c++ programming question

Discussion in 'C#' started by xXmahriXx, Jul 14, 2013.

when you make a c++ program for someone does that program need to have gui or console window is enough if it does the required things ?
    I was wondering because I'm using codeblocks & I'd say its much better then anything else I tried
    thanks

xXmahriXx, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  2. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't need one for me. But then I am used to seeing a command prompt. I do a lot of things in PERL. I prefer to use NMAP on the command line or the GUI version. If there is no added benefit from having a GUI it can be overlooked.

V_RocKs, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  3. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on who will use it. I suggest creating GUI if the user of your software is non-technical user and don't have such skill in software. It's often confusing for such people to use programs without GUI ;)
    You said that codeblocks is better than anything you tried. Have you tried Eclipse CDT? I abandoned Codeblocks for it ;)

kenzo22, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  4. kks21199

kks21199 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly you need to explan what kind of program it is...i can't say if you need GUI or console. But normally, if you are publisng the app to the world, it's beter to have GUI, so the user doesn't need to know the commands to type in to the Console.

kks21199, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  5. CG01

CG01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would stick to what my client specifies. Most users arent acostumed to a command prompt unless is a more technical low-level program(like a program for a production line).

if your program doesnt fit that case, create a simple GUI. There are many articles on the Internet on what you must take care of to make an intuitive GUI.

Good luck

CG01, Mar 12, 2014 IP