1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BuySellAds.com sucks

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by dimitri123, Feb 9, 2010.

My site was approved last week. I was selling advertising spots directly until now. I thought it was worth having an automated advertising system despite their 25% fee.

So I removed all direct banners (even refunded two advertisers who paid me for banner spots) and used BuySellAds.com code yesterday. I got an ad spot sold out too.

Now, today when I tried to login to my publisher's account, it didn't work. No errors were shown, but it just kept on reloading the login page.

I contacted the support. After 8 hours, this was their reply,

I replied,

They replied,

My reply:

And thats it.. No reply after that. They didn't send me any notification that I was banned nor they are saying why I was banned.

In the end, I lost few of my subscribed advertisers, the one who purchased my ad through them, lost 2 days ad earnings (Mine is a 6k Alexa ranked site), need to re-setup the old advertisement system back on my site and still doesn't have a clue why I was banned. So unprofessional from buysellads.

dimitri123, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  2. fizmoh

fizmoh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the heads up i was about to use them

fizmoh, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  3. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should buy some cheap software like adpeeps if you want to sell directly and though paypal, 99$ and you don't have to pay 25% of your ad sells.

On topic, looks like support is damn fucking stupid. I'm sorry for there PR who reads this topic.

ORZ, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  4. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We're sorry it took a while to answer your request. The truth is that I had to first speak with oour team to see why the account was banned. I could have handled your case better, I will admit. The bottom line is that your account was banned because there are files on your site that are not legal, and we no longer allow sites that link to illegal downloads. I'm very sorry for the ban and the bad experience, but that is the reason why.

Scorpiono, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  5. RenoM88

RenoM88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Then what is the point in the site Approval ...

RenoM88, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  6. Hunterc

Hunterc Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no connection to BuySellAds, but I use them and the service has been exceptionally professional.

I don't think it's unreasonable for BSA to withdraw an approval if they later discover illegal files on a member site.

Hunterc, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  7. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got accepted by them last month but haven't been able to sold any ads yet

michael.aulia, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  8. dimitri123

dimitri123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, now when I posted this publicly, I got the reason for my ban. Still I haven't received any official reply from the support.

Then why did you approve my file hosting site if you think that was illegal?

Exactly, they approved my file hosting/mirroring site and banned it as soon as I used their code and too without notifying me.

Mine is a file hosting site and if they think it violates their terms, they shouldn't have approved my site. Even then, they should have at least sent me a mail that my account was banned for so and so reason.

All they replied was your account has been banned for reasons they dont know.

dimitri123, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  9. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dimitri, since you decided to post about this publicly I decided to handle our replies to this publicly. I’m not going to argue with you on this. The facts are this:

1. I could have handled this better from the beginning, and I’m sorry for that.
    2. Your site hosts files with illegal material and therefore cannot be part of BSA.
    3. Your website was approved by accident. It should never have been approved in the first place.

Scorpiono, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  10. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    thz scorpiono for the error, i will have some clue of some bad buysellads.com.

vannarith, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  11. Jennylba123

Jennylba123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this buysellads.com a Link trading site and this ask for the premium account
    Guys I want to know more about these kinds of sites Because me to thinking to use it for buying links Explain more about its pros and cons.

Jennylba123, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  12. sunnyin86

sunnyin86 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi frnd. i earlier had wordpress and it was pretty easy setting up ads on it. but recently i shifted to joomla. how do i set up an add on my site?

sunnyin86, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  13. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have no experience with joomla but i still and recommend to use wordpress as they really easy to use both setting and promoting.

vannarith, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  14. PPCInformer

PPCInformer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to run BSA , I started looking at other alternatives coz my niche was not performing that well

but in their defense BSA has always been professional and as far as selling ads its a easy way to do it. If you have a site related to iPhone, Wordpress, etc you will do well with BSA

PPCInformer, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  15. edyang

edyang Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess that's the hazards of selling within any ad network, be they Google AdWords or private networks like BuySellAds.com.

Conversely, you can try a site like www.BannerGarage.com where they just match buyers and sellers of online ads rather than manage inventory. It's free to post your first ad.

edyang, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  16. hacker_

hacker_ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really but news for me i start use this program!!!

Now i think is better

hacker_, Nov 6, 2010 IP