1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by player_club2005, Jun 16, 2005.

I just put together a site, and I’m looking for some “real” traffic, so I can get some clicks. Does anyone know a reliable and affordable traffic site?

player_club2005, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  2. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try Overture and Adwords.

petertdavis, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Traffic systems that promise you 10,000 or 100,000 visitors are scams. There is software out there to generate that kind of traffic, and it's really just spiders using either zombified machines or anonymous proxies.

If you press any of those sites for the source of their traffic, they will not give you any specifics.

Blog Explosion is a well priced human traffic generator, but it's only for blogs or blog related sites.

nevetS, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  4. smurfzapper

smurfzapper Peon

Best Answers:
    you could try studiotraffic

smurfzapper, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  5. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    player_club2005,

Another piece of advice I would give to you is to look into outsourcing a seo job to india or other countries in south asia. Having quality links is essential in building effective traffic, and it will cost you less in the long run than using adsense or adwords.

Remember, once you stop paying them, your traffic stops. But links will send you traffic for substantially long periods of time. As far as price, just shop around in the forums and post an ad telling people what you are looking for.

thanks,

tesla

tesla, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  6. oalhajjar

oalhajjar Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't buy traffic from sites claiming that they're selling it. There's absolutely NO WAY you can check to see if it's genuine human traffic, or a proxy machine.

Traffic fraud is the cousin of click fraud -- they're not a nice family to get to know :D

oalhajjar, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  7. ElectronDon

ElectronDon Peon

Best Answers:
    I once bought 2000 visitors for $8.95 on eBay and it resulted in absolutely no sales and no interest. Obviously cheap traffic. The categories available weren't exactly appropriate for my site. This isn't always the case with other traffic though.

ElectronDon, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  8. rspadi

rspadi Guest

Best Answers:
    The best way to get some "real traffic" is building valuable content - sure, this takes time and effort but:

you'll build your business on a solid foundation
    you'll benefit from a nice stream of targeted & free traffic for the years to come.

If you need some quick traffic, I suggest you experiment with PPC's like Google AdWords or Overture (now Yahoo).

Maybe some e-zine ads

Also, consider submiting articles to various archives.

Get quality inbound links to get indexed by the SE's -Make Your Links Work is a great free ebook on that subject.

And, did I mention creating great content? - That's the most important :)

rspadi, Jun 24, 2005 IP
    capebretoner likes this.
  9. player_club2005

player_club2005 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks, everyone. :)

player_club2005, Jun 27, 2005 IP
  10. Michelle

Michelle Peon

Best Answers:

Sorry to inform you but buying traffic is useless. I have been there and done that and all it got me was a smaller bank account.

If people don't come to your site with any interest at all in buying then what is the sence of buying traffic.

I recently bought an ebook for less than ten dollars and have been following the techniques and it's just amazing how well it works. Which by the way doesn't cost me a cent to get traffic now.

I highly recommend it and I am no way affiliated with this business.
    The link :

http://freebiesforwebsites.com/2004bb/2004blackbook.htm

Michelle, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  11. whitekit

whitekit Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying traffic again, is useless. I think its easier if u buy text links from a domain, or just buy a domain outright and put a huge link to ur site. Sounds ridiculous, but a lot less ridiculous than buying 100,000 unique visitors for 10 bucks

whitekit, Jul 1, 2005 IP