1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

buying from DHgate

Discussion in 'General Business' started by QiQiDude, Jun 16, 2016.

hello
    i wanted to ask if DH gate also has an escrow service like aliexpress does?
    if so do i have this service?
    i chose the option to pay with mister cash (bank card) and paid it through the website (so no paypal etc...)
    this means the seller only receive the money untill i click on "item has been received" button?

also in one of my orders, one seller deleted the tracking information and will receive a new one (automated message from dhgate about 4 days after i got shipping confirmation??)
    i have received the new tracking number but how can he create a new tracking number if he shipped the item 4 days already?
    what could this possible mean??

thank in advance

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    QiQiDude, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  2. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    DHGate have a near useless escrow type service called "Buyer Protection." It is just like the similar near useless scheme on Aliexpress, also called "Buyer Protection." You should have the protection of the Buyer Protection system because it applies to every customer. Read the Buyer Protection rules and make sure you lodge a claim striclty according to the rules, within the time the rules state.

The big problem with those schemes is that they have complicated and confusing rules, with plenty of loopholes for the sellers to use to avoid making refunds. There are countless complaints about them, and I can give you some links to show what I mean if you like. Few buyers seem to bother reading the rules but the sellers read them, and have become expert at making good use of the loopholes. Their most effective technique is to pretend to be friendly and helpful when you complain, and to keep you hooked until the time limit for lodging a complaint has expired.

If you have received two tracking numbers, I think I have bad news for you. It means that the supplier is lying to you and you will most likely never receive the goods you ordered.

You should read the post #206 I made on the thread Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  3. QiQiDude

QiQiDude Peon

Best Answers:
    he said that the courier sent back the package and they shipped with another courier
    the guy has 1000+ transactions with over 99% positive feedback
    you think i should worry?
    just received one of my 6 order placed
    took 10 days from china to belgium
    all of my sellers have 1000+ transactions with 99%+ feedback
    you think everything will arrive?
    didn't bought anything electronic
    thanks

QiQiDude, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  4. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds reasonable, but I hope it's true. !0 days by courier to Belgium is not great, but sometimes delays occur.

Relying on feedback is not the best way to assess a supplier, because feedback is often bought. The feedback system on DHGate is flawed because they will award positive feedback if no feedback is received. Also if you post positive feedback they won't allow you to change your feedback if the product turns out to be faulty after you have tested it or sold a few and your customers complain.

I can't say whether the goods will arrive, but you should use the tracking number to see how it progresses.

A good decision on your part to not buy electronics.

I would also advise against buying big brands or knockoffs and fakes. These can land you in big trouble. In fact I would not deal with any supplier who offers such products, because if they will cheat and steal from the brand owner, they are just as likely to cheat you.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  5. QiQiDude

QiQiDude Peon

Best Answers:
    ok i think i can sleep at ease now
    3 days back to back, 4 orders came in after crazy very fast shipment of about 11 days
    2 more orders to go

QiQiDude, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  6. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    I am pleased to see that your DHGate deliveries are coming through. It might be of interest to you to read my post on
    How B2B site members are scamming gullible newbies This makes specific reference to DHGate, but although they are not the worst, they are among the sites whose members are generating the most complaints.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  7. Jiajjalin

Jiajjalin Peon

Best Answers:
    I find a plugin called Aliexpress Shopping Assistant, but it allows compare similar products from Aliexpress and DHgate and check price history. [​IMG]

Jiajjalin, Jun 30, 2016 IP
  8. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    The DHGate listing in the post above illustrates one good reason why you should be wary of buying through DHGate.

You will see that the advertisement describes the product as PU LEATHER SHOES. They are not leather. PU is a plastic. It's full name is polyurethane. It is used as a substitute for leather, and people who don't know what PU means think they are buying leather shoes.

If you are selling in a western market, such as the US, EU, Canada, Australia, etc., you can't legally describe the product as leather. You must clearly disclose that they are synthetic.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jul 2, 2016 IP