1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Domain to Get Backlink

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nextoronto, Oct 8, 2018.

There is a popular and high DA website in my industry that charges hundreds per month to be listed/linked on their site, which is in the hundreds per month.

I recently found a couple broken links of expired domains on this website.

If I buy one and 301 redirect it to my website would it provide the same SEO value as if I had paid to have a link on their site?

nextoronto, Oct 8, 2018 IP
  2. RSSeosolution

RSSeosolution Banned

Best Answers:
    Live link will help you always than redirection.

If site is of your niche then you should buy and place related and unique contents and get link for your website ...... because redirection means search engines know that its redirecting means after few days this site will shift permanently to other domain and search engine will deindex those website. So its not beneficial for long time while if you will get live links then it will help you for long time.

RSSeosolution, Oct 9, 2018 IP
  3. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Make sure there are quality redirections, otherwise it won't give you any value.

MatBerrows, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  4. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are buying those links then the owner of the site should directly link to your page, why do you have to 301 redirect them?

mrb1129, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  5. I'm a Forum Poster!

I'm a Forum Poster! Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buying domains for backlinks or creating PBN has become less-effective SEO method.... it was popular 2 or 3 years before. Today, you have to build high quality, high authority, relevant and natural backlinks...... very slowly... letting Google believe that you are not building links yourself but you are earning links because of the popularity of your website.

I'm a Forum Poster!, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  6. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    Who says that PBN doesn't work? And if you are not going to tell anyone that you own a PBN then how should Google know about it? What do you mean by natural backlink? No site doesn't readily link to you these days.

mrb1129, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  7. I'm a Forum Poster!

Best Answers:
    Google is wiser than us, any game you are playing with Google's system, it will be detected sooner or later. I have a website ( http://WelderReview.com ), it was heavily penalized because of the PBN....

Natural links are the links, which are earned by providing valuable content, your content is shared, in return you get links....

If you are building links yourself, try to consider the natural aspects of SEO....... use both nofollow/dofollow links, use all types of website, be it blog, forum, QA, wiki and other types of website....

I'm a Forum Poster!, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  8. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    No-follow links isn't going to help you either. And the links from forums, Q&A sites may be do-follow or non no-follow (call them whatever you like) aren't going to help you either because they provide almost no link juice.

mrb1129, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  9. I'm a Forum Poster!

Best Answers:
    Mixture of links saves you from getting penalized. Why are you fooling Google? If Google checked your link profile, and found that you are building only dofollow links, won't you get penalized?

I'm a Forum Poster!, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  10. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    Who says that a mixture is going to save you if you are about to be penalized? I know many sites who have 99% do-follow links and they do quite well for themselves. There is no ratio (between no-follow and do-follow) or rule that a link profile should have no-follow links.

mrb1129, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  11. Robert_Suttons

Robert_Suttons Peon

Best Answers:
    if you're just building links that are juiced up, that's a sure way to get your ass penalised. You should be building links from forums even though they have no link juice. It's better to diversify your link profile. No-follow links are still valuable. And you could get traffic directly through these links.

Robert_Suttons, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  12. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as diversifying link profile. Forums are no good rather than getting some referral traffic.

mrb1129, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  13. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? Do you have any proof?

alex06295, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  14. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    We built a site for a client last year. It's in a very competitive niche so the client was very doubtful about how much he should invest in off-page SEO. His business was pretty good offline in the local area but if he needs to expand then he should go online & compete with some pretty big players in his niche.

On the first month we had published about 12 articles which may be not unique but they were well written and actionable as well. We handpicked 7 relevant do-follow links (all natural looking) for the site at the same month. Then the client asked us to stop he told us that he is not going to spend any more money on links if he didn't see any change in his rankings. So, we halted.

Within a week some of the pages started ranking in the second and first page of the SERP's and started climbing the SERP's slowly for the rest of the month. The client saw around 100-200 uv's in the first week which increased upto 850 uv's by the end of the month. The client was very happy as his traffic was increasing so he contacted us to get some more links. Before adding any new links we checked the link profile of the site. And it showed that along with those 7 links it has picked 6 no-follow links which are basically from message boards and mass answering sites, 1 automated link and 1 do-follow link which is from a low quality site.

As of today, the client hasn't built a single no-follow link intentionally. At present day the site has about 50 do-follow links, around 35 no-follow links and few other automated links. Fluctuations in rankings may occur time to time but else than that nothing major problem. See, if your content is likable and you are ranking good in the SERP's then you are bound to pick up some no-follow links and some other low quality links. You don't need to set up a different campaign for it. If the links that you build are from relevant pages with proper anchor text and your linked page supplements the information present at the host page then nothing is wrong.

mrb1129, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  15. Rezkin

Rezkin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi nextoronto,

If you can get the domain cheaply it sounds like a good deal. Based on what I learned, 301 redirect from that expired domain will give you page rank not only from that website but all the other websites that linked to the expired domain.

You need to make sure that this expired website is not also spammed to death with other low quality links. Most people use Ahrefs for that.

Also, if you do this, do not list that website in Google Console in the same google account. Better yet, don't list it anywhere.

There are people using this exact method to look for domains to buy that alredy have some powerfull links in place. This makes website rank much faster and better than on a new domain. Once more, before taking action get the list of backlinks pointing to the expired domain and check their quality.

Rezkin, Oct 13, 2018 IP