1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[2011] Buying backlinks at Fiverr. Worth a shot?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Frederikskoet, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esther.paul

esther.paul Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm good question but you should know the answer...
    Can you get any quality stuff for $5?
    The answer is No... you can get lot of links but the quality of link won't be good.
    Best thing is to do it manually... 2-3 links a day itself is enough for a site.
    I hope this helps

esther.paul, May 2, 2013 IP
  2. Aunt Mollie

Aunt Mollie Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying links of any kind is enough to get you banned from the Google search engine results. If they don't ban you for that, the new Google Penguin algorithm will kill you because those kinds of links are considered linkspam. What you buy with $5 link schemes on Fiverr is a whole mess of trouble.

Aunt Mollie, May 2, 2013 IP
  3. YesThatsMe

YesThatsMe Member

Best Answers:
    forget fiverr. you will hurt your website.

YesThatsMe, May 11, 2013 IP
  4. abbe77

abbe77 Member

Best Answers:
    You have to make a difference between Quality link and Bad link. I bought backlink service from fiverr and that was my worst mistake. Your site rank will really hurt due to low quality links. Lets suppose you have a blog related to Beauty Tips and your link will appear in Shoe store or Internet Marketing sites, google will mark it as spam . The other reason people visiting Beauty Tips sites will never be interested in Internet Marketing or such stuffs.

So in short 1 Quality/Related link is worth than 10000000 bad links.

abbe77, May 11, 2013 IP
  5. YesThatsMe

YesThatsMe Member

Best Answers:
    This is right because these backlinks and websites from fiverr are those with the bad spamy neighborhood.

Sorry but this is wrong. I do not think that it would hurt a beaty tips site if a marketing website is pointing there. If this would be true, then I would have killed my mainsite. Because a gaming related blog with a pr of 4 is pointing there.. a photography blog with pr 6, a travel blog with pr 1 and so on... they all are different and point to my main site. There are over 40k natural builded but different topic links pointing to my main site and the blog is pretty healthy. more healthy than any other of my blogs. But as said... natural backlinking is the magic word! apart from my own blogroll links and sozialmedia links, every other links are created by other people.

This sounds much better. Indeed, a related link is much more worth and a unrelated link. But this does not mean that any unrelated link would hurt or that google would think it is spam. They hurt if they are spamy blasted!, or sold backlink in link farms! or in a really bad neighborhood!. And this is often the case with fiverr links.

But your main opinion is right. Fiverr links aren´t even worth 5$.

YesThatsMe, May 11, 2013 IP
  6. abbe77

abbe77 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for detailed comments 'YesThatsMe'. By the way we dont we exchange links and guest posts here? I have few blogs related to IM, Hotel, travelling, web design and wordpress related. If anyone interested, welcome OR if anyone can post my link or post to his/her blog in exchange.

abbe77, May 11, 2013 IP
  7. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    backlinks from fiverr is terrible. Its cheap but you won't get great quality.

gkuang2, May 12, 2013 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    but then where do you go to get "quality" links. I have a site that is ranked #1 in google for certain keywords, and I am confident that that came from fiverr backlinks.

I recently hired yet another seo guru, though this time from seoclerks and so far not impressed, although these things do take time. Just for some reason, i associate spending MORE on seo to bring in more results, but so far that is yet to be seen.

If you have someone that you recommend, PLEASE do so.

matt_62, May 12, 2013 IP
  9. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey sent you a PM, please check.

gkuang2, May 12, 2013 IP
  10. Dreg23

Dreg23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my experience fiverr backlinks have done my sites no noticeable good or harm. I'd imagine that they are mostly the kind of links google can easily spot and happily ignore.
    There are better ways of spending money on SEO than on things that do nothing IMO.

Dreg23, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  11. inclineseo

inclineseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it honestly depends on the providers, I'm not saying they are bad, but they for sure aren't the best place to get quality seo services. I normally do my own seo, and it has shown much better results than fiverr and other cheap gigs. I haven't tried out any expensive "high quality" packages yet, but if I do get a chance to I will hope to put up a review and the results. :)

inclineseo, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  12. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're going to use Fiverr, I would recommend using it for other purposes rather than backlinks to your main (money) site. I've found that fiverr links can be good for 2nd and 3rd tier links, but only if you get authority links (high pr and .edu/.gov).

Profile links are pretty much worthless these days other than for diversity. You can find some decent PR links on Fiverr, but I recommend contacting the seller and asking to see the site that your link will be placed on before buying, that way you know what you're getting.

Keep in mind that these links are usually permanent, so if it's a crappy site, then you'll be stuck with that link unless you Disavow it through Webmaster tools. That's why I only use them for tiered links. Here's a link for some PR homepage backlink gigs: http://fiverr.com/gigs/search?utf8=✓&query=home+page+links&x=6&y=19

Hope that helps!

ultimat1, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  13. SEO_Yoda

SEO_Yoda Member

Best Answers:
    I have used several sources of Fivver links with mixed results. If you find a reliable source, it might be worth a try. I ended up triggering the Penguin penalty on one of my sites with Fivver links. Ended up with 300+ links all exact same anchor text... not good SEO! Also some of these gigs could be sending a ton of links your way all in the one day. That's won't give you a natural looking link profile. Might be ok if you are just buying a handful of links.

SEO_Yoda, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  14. BestySEO

BestySEO Member

Best Answers:
    Stay away from the "i will get you 1000 links for $5" stuff on there... I have found some sellers who will post a guestpost with backlinks for $5 on their PR3-5 websites in various niches.. Its always wise to try and contact the seller and check the source first...

here are a few things i look out for look out for:

Cache date (obviously)
    Relevance (not only to the post you wish to place on site, but how relevant are the other posts that are on the blog?)
    google indexation
    external links (diversity, qty on site, qty on page)
    Home page PR
    Domain Authority
    title rank (does the site rank first page for its page title)
    check copy quality & check for duplication
    check source code for hidden links
    check ad quantity & check if the site offers paid links on site (not good if so)
    check there is no links / resource page stuffed with links

You will often find that hardly any of these Fiverr sites will pass the bar just with brief checks of the above, but i have found a few gems, and they have proven very good quality and WELL worth the $5 all day long.

Hope this helps :)

BestySEO, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  15. Heymen hey

Heymen hey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Stay away ..i did once on 2012 and now google penalty me , now checking about 13 k links manually two guys spend about 1 week to remove the backlinks .. just dont do that!

Heymen hey, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  16. umerrock

umerrock Member

Best Answers:
    Backlink is good role but never buy backlinks, Good posting automatically increase website seo and popularity, for example take a look of my personal blog BlogCheer i never bought links.

umerrock, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  17. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Links at price 5 dollars can harm your website for really long time. Fiverr has plenty of nice gigs but no for the real linkbuilder :). Avoid this cheap stuff - it is way to hell.

Auxi, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  18. Andrew23

Andrew23 Member

Best Answers:
    Somebody said it before here . You get what you pay for! How can you believe some backlinks coming 'spammy' pages can bring you any positive effect?

Andrew23, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  19. CaliStyle

CaliStyle Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should never buy those kinds of links for your money site. That is exactly how you drop in rankings. They build them instantly, which sends up a red flag and they are lower than poor quality on top of that. Now if you are talking about building backlinks to your backlinks, then that is a totally different story. I wouldn't use just fiverr, but they do help for this. I use fiverr for some other things though sometimes. Logo desgins for lower quality sites, videos I need made for youtube, etc. You can find some amazing gigs on there sometimes, but never for backlinks to your money site.

CaliStyle, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  20. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would much rather take a look at SEOClerks, i don't trust fiverr when it comes to SEO Services..

Helge Sverre, Jun 26, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.