1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BuyFacebookStock.com - Notice of Facebook Trademark Infringement

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by medsites, Mar 20, 2012.

1. nveid

nveid Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't even think about fighting, anti-cybersquatting laws, internic, UN resolutions & what not are NOT on your side.

nveid, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  2. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They are trying to bully you around, your a fool if you do what they say, they have no legal grounds, unless your putting facebook all over your site, facebook.com and buyfacebookstock is not confusingly similar they are complete morons, and if you need legal help, private message me, I'll push them back for you.

You aren't starting a site related to social networks, nor does the domain have anything related to it, it may have the trademark in it but as long as your not using it in a way that would hurt there name then they can't do shit but threaten you with bullshit.

How long did it take to get that notice after you registered it? I'm wondering if they get notices from registrar's upon "facebook" domains, I wouldn't doubt it.

ryan1918, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  3. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you even bother to post this crap if you don't know what your talking about? How in the hell is he cyber squatting anything? Do you even know what the hell that means? Learn something before you post your rubbish bullshit.

4. ryan1918

ryan1918 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since people here seem to think I'm giving you the wrong advice, PM me I will help you freely fight for that domain, and I can bet ANY amount of money, facebook will be not bothering you when I'm done.

Once the OP proves what I've done for you him, you will all get my 2 cents.

5. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be interested in hearing your argument how that's possible, given that Facebook is
    one of the most famous (hint) trademarks on the planet. Facebook has already filed a
    couple of domain-trademark lawsuits and administrative disputes, none of which as of
    this post resulted in a loss. (not yet, anyway...)

BTW, you still haven't answered my previous question. Not that I expect some kind of
    honest-to-goodness answer other than your rather rude one earlier.

But hey, go ahead and help the OP fight Facebook if you wish. Good for both of you if
    you both win, and do let people here know how it goes.

If - knock on wood - you and/or the OP "lose" even by just giving the domain name to
    them without any compensation, though, I also hope you'll let folks here know that as
    well. Good luck.

Dave Zan, Apr 18, 2012 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You used to give shitty advice when you were posting here as http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=86023 too.

I thought you've been hosting websites since you were 12. When did you get all that "law" experience.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    browntwn, Apr 18, 2012 IP
    Dave Zan likes this.
  7. TemasekTech

TemasekTech Peon

Best Answers:
    it will be better to give out then fight for it

TemasekTech, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  8. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He actually said he has "15 years of law experience" eh? Of all the dumbass things to say,
    heh.

Dave Zan, Apr 19, 2012 IP