1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buy country specific domain in addition to .com

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jaypabs, Apr 24, 2012.

I have a website with .com domain and planning to buy country specific domain like .us, and other country. The country specific domain will have the same content as my .com domain.

My question is if Google will not penalize my site if I have different domain w/ the same content.

jaypabs, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Think of markets in terms of language. You can target English, Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese markets etc etc. If you translate the content it's not considered duplicate content. You don't need a ccTLD to target the same English speaking market.

dcristo, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  3. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that's true, Most people are not aware about cctld and country specific domains. So just give a language option for your visitors.

mukesh4bs, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  4. BlackhatArticles.com

BlackhatArticles.com Peon

Best Answers:
    if you buy other TLDs, First post to .com website, let Google crawl and when it appears on search engine, you can post same contents to your other websites.

BlackhatArticles.com, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  5. natashajane

natashajane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want target any specific country market then you should get specific domain and if you want to target whole world then .com is best option for your domain extension.

natashajane, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  6. ChristopherCheung

ChristopherCheung Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    There is a home country advantage to having a specific domain. For example if your company is Company123.com and you want to enter the Canadian market you should purchase Company123.ca but you need to have original content that has a Canadian spin on it. Google is less competitive when searching on Google.ca which is the default in Canada. Google gives preferential treatment to Canadian websites for search results in Canada. You should invest in creating origional Canadian content and get a Canadian phone number. It may also help if you host it in Canada but this is not necessary. If you rent a small office and create a Google Places account with your address that is also helpful to establishing your Canadian identity online. Gan Pai!!!

ChristopherCheung, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  7. Simonjay

Simonjay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello there, yea buying a country specific domain name i would say is more if you are targeting a location so it gives you a benifit of the location but not so much in general it helps if you are a business in that location, as if you look at some of the most popular sites in different contries or ones that rank high they are still .com

Simonjay, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  8. God_Mode

God_Mode Member

Best Answers:
    Never never put duplicate content on your site. If you are going to target different language then you can translate your main content otherwise write original content on every site.

God_Mode, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  9. Irish

Irish Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent answer and 100% true. I would also suggest if you are translating sites to get this done professionally and to consider hosting a .ca in Canada, a .de in Germany etc.. as this can also assist

Irish, Apr 24, 2012 IP