1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buy Adsense clicks...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Dominicc2003, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To give the benefit of the doubt....

Sounds like this to me: You are trying to buy traffic and they probabaly have you put some tracking code on your site, when you've received xx clicks they stop sending you traffic. They are simply using adsense clicks as a benchmark. ???

It does sound very bad though, not the smartest way to market. I would STAY FAR AWAY from it anyhow, generally buying traffic does more harm than good.

alph, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  2. cornelius

cornelius Peon

Best Answers:
    this is hilarious, im in stitches

best of luck boy

cornelius, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  3. Harry

Harry Peon

Best Answers:
    How about you press 'print-screen' on that one?

There's no way google gave you the ok. Things like that will jeapordise their entire system.
    Advertisers don't just want people to click, they want people to click through and buy their products or services. If the advertisers found out that google were letting people do it, they'd take their business elsewhere or take legal action.

Harry, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  4. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    NeoGen, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  5. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying he is right or wrong and I've never heard of such a thing, but...Look at it this way.

You start an ad campaign from xx website, you generally expect based on your average CTR to get 100 clicks from this campaign. Now what if website xx says, instead of paying by impressions or whatever, once you reach that 100 click mark we stop your ad campaign.

Again...nothing anyone should really consider, as it encourages bad behavior on part of website xx.

alph, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  6. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    His first post sounds totally bogus, but further into the conversation it sounds like he's trying to purchase traffic which will turn into clicks. So which is it, Dominic?

If you're literally trying to purchase AS Clicks, you'll end up where all the bad people go. If you're simply referring to purchasing traffic (which you HOPE would turn into AS clicks), then that's another story...

techlh, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    There really is a site offering this service guys...

They were running a free test at one point too...

Either way, I think all they do is send a whole bunch of people to your site, track the clicks - and when users have clicked, they stop sending the traffic.

That in itself isn't against the TOS now is it...

Although I really wouldn't suggest that anyone actually parts with their hard earned cash in order to use this service.

Seems like a sure way to shoot yourself in the foot to me.

SEbasic, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  8. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Technically if there is an agreement like this -

"We will place a link at our site XYZ. The link will not be removed till you generate xxx conversions (clicks in this case) or xxx revenue."

is not fraud UNLESS THE TRAFFIC / CLICKS ARE GENERATED BY ARTIFICIAL MEANS.

But if the site owners (of XYZ) themselves start clicking or tell others to click , it will be a TOS violation.

Also disclosing clicks data IS AGAINST TOS.

This scheme is BEST AVOIDED.

sachin410, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  9. Dominicc2003

Dominicc2003 Peon

Best Answers:

You and Alph have got it right...

You, in theory are buying adsense clicks but it isn't against the adsense TOS because of this:

You buy website hits. However, you dont buy say 1,000 website hits, you buy say 100 adsense clicks.
    When you have received 100 clicks, you stop getting hits supplied from the company.
    The 100 or so adsense clicks acts as a benchmark...

And i know it is still a bit risky and not highly reccommended, i just want a bit of money, so i will do whatever i can to legally get money...

Dominicc2003, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  10. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    Paying a site that delivers clicks is offering an incentive which is against the TOS. Maybe a free trial isn't as you did not give an incentive. If they're selling point is/was AS clicks then you are looking to get banned.

Roman, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  11. getbangalored

getbangalored Peon

Best Answers:
    And lets say, you buy 100 clicks for $10, and would end up getting $0.01/click+ repeated clicks from the same ip...
    A loss of $9 +
    A very high risk of your account getting banned...
    -- Even if its not against the TOS, I suggest you to stay away.. Why risk adsense for something as silly as this?

-- Arun

getbangalored, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  12. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    And if you suddenly get a ton of clicks, you don't think G would notice?

Dominic, are you that guy that, instead of waiting in line like everyone else, zooms his beater pickup truck up to the front and cuts someone off to get ahead?

techlh, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  13. sachin410

Best Answers:
    They are not selling clicks or impressions... they are selling only advertising space....THEY ARE USING CLICKS AS A MEASURING SCALE OF SUCCESS OF THE ADVERTISING.

The logic is THEY WILL CONTINUE TO ADVERTISE TILL THE ADVERTISER SEES CLEAR BENEFITS FROM THE ADVERTISING.

SEbasic likes this.
  14. Dominicc2003

Dominicc2003 Peon

Best Answers:

EXACTLY! so therefore it isn't incentivized because the company is just using the clicks as a measuring scale...

Anyway, I couldn't be the person who cuts in front of everyone else in their pickup truck coz i couldnt afford one!! THATS Y IM DOIN THIS!!

Anyway, does anyoneknow the web address then?

Dominicc2003, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  15. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    I don't, but just keep this in mind. If it worked wouldn't everyone be doing it and making quick money?

This forum has perhaps the brightest business people you will ever meet and they are doing what it takes to make money (and it's not click schemes) so learn from them and you'll be far better off in the long run.

Roman, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  16. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could afford one, then Google would shut down your account and take back the money so... We'd all like to see the letter you sent google and their reply.

Whilst your at it buying traffic for your site, don't forget to put some content on there as well, otherwise guess what? You can get kicked for that as well...

Dio, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  17. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    If clicks are used as the measuring scale and you pay for those clicks, that is offering an incentive to someone to deliver you clicks. But what do I know, go ahead, give it a go, if Google says it's OK then you'll be fine.....

Roman, Dec 15, 2005 IP
    Dio likes this.
  18. Kings

Kings Peon

Best Answers:
    So why don't you work really hard, by creating unique content and ideas, by promoting your websites, by slowly increasing your traffic the natural way? Instead you waste your time trying to take shortcuts, which don't work anyway.

If you really want to start earning money, start small, think big, and most importantly work hard at your goals. Start at $1/day, and slowly move up.

Kings, Dec 15, 2005 IP
    Dio likes this.
  19. sachin410

Best Answers:
    Well , I would like to make my point clear...

although I think it is within TOS , but I STILL INSIST IT IS VERY RISKY...

Also I like to add one more point, Being within TOS doesnt mean Google accepts it as fair practice.

Few weeks back there was a THREAD ON PAID SURVEYS.

Now Google doesnt allow Incentives for activites, but their is no mention of links to paid incentives sites. Giving links to paid survey sites seems within TOS.

BUT WHEN I WROTE AN EMAIL TO GOOGLE THEY INFORMED ME THAT EVEN LINKING TO PAID SURVEY SITES IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Here is the thread -

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=33888

So It is advised you make your case very clear with Google before trying out any "doubtful" tactics

20. sachin410

Best Answers:
    Just to make my comment about TOS compliance vs Fair practice clear...I would like to give two examples.

1. When people started putting pics above adsense ads, there was nothing in TOS that made it a violation, but Google felt it is a deceptive practice and is against it unless the ads and pics are clearly separated.

2. If you ask someone to check all links of your site, it is not a TOS violation.

But if this is repeated with many users , some may mistake ads for links and click on them. So a general statement on your site "Please check if the links on our site are working and report broken links" may not be considered as a fair practice by Google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.