1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business or Job

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rgblogs, Mar 1, 2013.

1. projectWORD

projectWORD Active Member

Best Answers:
    Business is best but you will have much more of a business if you can use some of your job income to enhance that then as it grows one day it will be earning a lot from your limited time put into it AND the invested money you put into it. Think about subcontracting people to do things that you dont have time to do, use your limited time to manage these people instead of doing the work yourself, effectively wasting your time.

You need to speculate to accumulate.

projectWORD, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  2. wendycostaless

wendycostaless Peon

Best Answers:
    Quitting your job instantly to earn money from home will only make things worse you can do both by managing your time and skills.You can enhance your knowledge in the outer world and know what peopl likes and implement in your home business for the betterment.

wendycostaless, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  3. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Work for other guy until you get enough money to start your own small business.

That's the way things always work.

Webcenter, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  4. jamesonaugust

jamesonaugust Peon

Best Answers:
    I think business,is some times risk. you can spend your free time on the websites and take your website to a higher level.And then try to quit your job.

jamesonaugust, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  5. kefren

kefren Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.

Keep with your job. Make sure that the website has continuous cash flow over tricky seasons like August and that the cash flow is not peaking due to some news article or season sales.

Figure out if you can increase cash flow without mucking up the original flow. If you can't, then recreate the website so that you have 20% coming from another non-competing website idea.

Also make sure that your taxes are not going to be affected by this venture. If you haven't become a business then you should start to think of that because in time it does catch up with you. BUT then you have got your new business giving you revenue with your job- both will combine as income, so start to plow into your business your profits (as long as it helps the business grow) so that they can become right offs. Keep the receipts from online business transactions. And get a separate business account so that a credit card can be issued to your business without having you touch your personal account (makes for less stressful days).

Everything is kept professional, legal and you are separating personal from business. You can also then tell if your business is being kept afloat from business profits or by personal money. Whatever the business needs then comes out of the business account which will really focus your attempts.

As a side note, your website business will become a job, don't think that it won't because you have now got to concentrate on your business succeeding, you are in charge. Many people forget that. You will not have pension money or healthcare money coming in from your job. Your home bills need to be considered and you need to really start innovating because online competition is rapid and can take your competitive edge away really quickly.

You might find that you can't expand because you are the bottleneck in your business. If you are, in other words your business model needs you to survive, then it will become very tiring after a while. You need to figure out ways on how to remove yourself from your business growth without stunting it. That is hard because your business is "your baby and only you know how to look after it". You business will then become a burden and a chore and no different from a "job".

All the best.

kefren, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  6. Charles Bisaillon

Charles Bisaillon Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep your job and personal projects until you get 100% from your projects, then you have a really good reason to quit your job...

Charles Bisaillon, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  7. Sanjana0123

Sanjana0123 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah you can focus on your website more because everything is online now.

Sanjana0123, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  8. aarthielumalai

aarthielumalai Member

Best Answers:
    No, I would never suggest you leave your job and do a business that is only giving you 20% of your current income, especially if you need your income in order to take care of you or your family. Wait till you consistently start earning the same as your full time income, the word consistently being the key here.

It's no use if you earn that money one month, and you earn $0 the next month. See if you can earn the same amount at least 6 months. In order to get to the level of your full time income, I'd suggest you go either spend more time on your business too or automate it via tools/software or outsourcing.

aarthielumalai, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  9. Spixels

Spixels Member

Best Answers:
    I've quit my job twice to work full-time on my own projects and companies, and both times I felt that I left prematurely. It's so easy to leave a job, but it's better to wait until your business is more stable before you make the plunge. You'll save more money which will give you more flexibility for when you do make the leap.

Don't give up though , keep on going and raising that % and like others said try to maximize your time management.

Good luck :)

Spixels, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  10. virtualwebmarket

virtualwebmarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    For job you need to go to work everyday in order to make money. For business you can stay at home

virtualwebmarket, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  11. carlstephens

carlstephens Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask for about a week leave from your work, then focus on building your website. If you feel that you want to do this, then its time to give up your job and then work on your own for your website. You have to be sure that your website is worth your time and abilities.

carlstephens, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  12. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will advised you do some struggle . continue your job with side business . once you made good Pr in market with good cash in hand & made some potential client then think about resign.

OSSEO, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  13. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I Suggest to stay with your job at this time. Because in this inflation age, if you made a balance in both your job & business it will more lucrative for you. Your Job Will Secure your career & Your Business will give you some extra perks.

iwebsocial, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  14. Shane1234

Shane1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should only quit when the income from your site outweighs the income from your job. 20% in my opinion is not enough to quit just yet.

Shane1234, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  15. zaisk

zaisk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not agree with most of you guys. Business is not the place you can feel safe - all the time. Business is risky from the start, till the end. Even to sell the business is risky. Risk = business.

People who want to feel safe and stable should not run business at all. Then it's much better to work from 8AM - 5PM, get regularly salary and if company fails - ruin from the "sinking ship" to another one. But if you want accept challenge, don't waste your time. Life is short and to create business what you need is - TIME. So do not waste it.

Usually there is no such scenario, that you can save few thousands of dollars from your salary an finally establish your own company. Such amount does not change anything. If you have ideas, project, know-how and passion to create something - go for it, don't waste your time. Think twice if you really can not get such few dollars to start something now?

Life is short and you have the most power when you are young, up to 30 years old. When you are older, have wife, kids, house or car loan - then you really can't quite your job and start risky activity from zero. So do not wait for such situation.

Staying too long at job, can blow you out from business at all.

Being in situation when you run out of money, have business and tons of work - is the best "kick ass" to start acting! Sitting in "Warm GreenHouse" and eating mother chops - will not push you to the real result.

That's my ideas. I already quit my job and changed it to online business. What i regret, is the only one thing - that I was waiting so long. I had to quit and start it earlier!

Go for your dream guys.

zaisk, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  16. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

I would suggest you continue with your regular job for awhile until the online one pick up a bit more. I think is too soon to chuck away your 9 to 5 job.

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  17. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would not advice you to take this step, at least wait until it generates around 70% or 80% then you may take this decision into consideration.
    you can use this 20% to invest on your website in order to grow your business.
    good luck.

HomeDesigner, Jun 4, 2013 IP