1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business name change loosing likes

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Helen moody, Oct 18, 2016.

Hi
    So I'm having a quick panick as I have changed my fb business page this evening from Bloomfields leisure vehicles to Bloomfields Horseboxes, as soon as the verification of the name change came through my likes started to drop fast. At 6.30 this evening I had 59259 likes and now at 11 pm I only have 59078, has anybody got any idea why this could be? I'm worried there is a big problem

Helen moody, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well by changing the name of your FB page, you reminded people they had liked the page, since they would have received a notification of the name change. Some obviously weren't that interested anymore so unliked the page. I would hardly be concerned by this since they were likely not that interested in updates anyway.

dcristo, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  3. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook send an official notification to all the users who have liked your page in the past .So you made a mistake of not declaring on the page about the change of name .This is the main reason you are losing your likes .

wanessmark, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's not that. What happens is when you do the name change, you're reminding people they'ved liked your page. Some of them are no longer interested in being subscribed to your channel, so you will lose a few of them. It is not a big deal, they weren't engaged fans in any case.

dcristo, Dec 4, 2016 IP
    th.sigit likes this.