1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business Directory website in south africa

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gregs82, May 26, 2015.

Hey guys.

I have an idea of creating a business directory in my country mainly for the exposure of smaller businesses which people don't know about. With a google map plugin, all businesses registered on the site will come up within a certain distance of the person searching for a service or company.

Basically a directory site with the option have having a mini web page of the company and their products. I have not found a suitable plugin that will allow me to create a site like this.

What do you guys think and what are your suggestion?

gregs82, May 26, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot help with the technology piece, but there is a company in the U.S. that has been doing this sort of thing for the industrial manufacturing market, so you might want to check them out for ideas, etc.

www.thomasnet.com

The guys below have a directory focusing more on electronics manufacturers, though they do overlap with Thomasnet:

www.globalspec.com

Finally, these guys below have focuses on different high tech markets:

www.jazdtech.com

They all have a geographic filter of some sort, of course.

jrbiz, May 26, 2015 IP
  3. gregs82

gregs82 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you jrbiz. Those sites are really cool. I love the fact that you can search for a company within a certain radius. Its something i really want to incorporate in my site. I'm still in research mode so will continue looking for the right software/plugins that will work with my kind of site.

gregs82, May 26, 2015 IP