1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business.Com Listing

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mnemtsas, Oct 20, 2005.

Business.Com listing? Who has one? Is it worthwhile? If you have one and it's worthwhile what market are you in?

mnemtsas, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  2. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    I have one. I didn't pay for it. I can't complain. I don't know that it does any good, though. If memory serves, the links are not direct anymore. I don't get traffic from it. So, I cannot recommend on that basis. Software industry.

mystikmedia, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  3. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I bought one a while ago, and I can't say it did anything very dramatic for me. One cool thing they offer is the ability to submit links to 6 internal pages also.

dvduval, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    business.com do count as backlinks. the traffic is negligible. is it worth 99/year? who knows.

lorien1973, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  5. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Business.com has been GREAT for B2B clients. Much higher ROI than AdWords - much better conversions.

I thinks its because the search traffic is made up of a more focused demographic/target audiance. They are much more likely to convert if they find the features/service they are looking for.

Seems like a lot less 'window shopping'.

EDIT: Looks like I was talking about 'paid search inclussion'(which includes 'directory inclussion'), and the conversation was about 'directory inclussion'

Epica, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  6. kams7ue

kams7ue Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no listing but read it on some other forum that if you have an actual business severing to some specific regional market then it is worth else not.

kams7ue, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  7. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing with Business.com is that you get several listings per payment if you do it correctly. And, yes, there's very little traffic to speak of but the business.com results are used elsewhere and do add to your site's "reputation" in the form of PR/trust/other rankings. There are several places where advertising is seen as blatant PR buying. Business.com may be one of the rare exceptions - it looks, feels, and acts like a proper business directory and not a front for PR sales.

Merkersarl, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  8. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    Well we're going to put up the $$ and get one of these.

So care to share how you do this:

mnemtsas, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  9. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing special, just the standard stuff.

First page on business.com. See first listing of LL Bean? It has just one link like most of the others. See MagiCubes at #4? They've got 5 listings. All they did was read the details/the business.com FAQ properly and take full advantage of all that it offered. There is no extra charge for those sub-section links! It amazes me why most people don't take the trouble to create five links.

Merkersarl, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  10. real

real Peon

Best Answers:
    I was interested in submitting but, it looked like they wouldn't give static links. Most links on the page I was interested in were redirect links, except one or two. I contacted them and asked if they would make links static many times, no response at all.

real, Oct 27, 2005 IP