1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business account and account balance

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by GFX2, Nov 28, 2013.

Hello people of DigitalPoint. I have a question for you.

I have a standard PayPal account and some payments go to my available and some to pending balance.

If I upgrade my account to Business type, will every payment go directly to my available balance?

Thanks in advance!

GFX2, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  2. Thanoz

Thanoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, there is an answer about this in their FAQ:

The Business account will give you the following priviledges:

We recommend Business accounts for online merchants who operate under a company or group name.

A Business account has all the features of a Premier account and more. With a Business account, you can:

• Operate under your company or business name.
    • Accept debit card, credit card, and bank account payments for a low fee.
    • Allow up to 200 employees limited access to your account.
    • Sign up for PayPal products that meet your business needs, such as Express Checkout.
    • Set up a separate email address for your customer service issues.

Thanoz, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  3. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid I have read that many times but with no luck. Not a thing mentioned about Pending balance relationship with Business account.

GFX2, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  4. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Luka: As far as I am aware the pending balance is not just related to your account but also to the account you are receiving money from.

So if I usually make $1 - $2 transactions, then one day I pay you $800 it is slightly out of character for my account so they may set your balance as pending to avoid any repercussions from my account (chargebacks etc).

I have a business paypal account and within the last 12 months I have had 1 pending balance transaction, which in fairness to paypal was changed to available within a couple of days.

You are probably aware but also if you don't hold a currency someone is trying to send you then that will end up as pending and you will have to manually accept the funds.

* So I believe the account status of personal or business will not make much difference to pending payments

dayvo, Nov 28, 2013 IP
    GFX2 likes this.
  5. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dayvo thanks for your explanation, I think you cleared all disruptions about this topic.

Thanks for your help, and if anyone has anything to add - feel free.

Luka

GFX2, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  6. Cody44

Cody44 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I also use business and I noticed the only time it goes to pending is if the user sending the money uses eCheque, but as Dayvo suggested you tend to have to manually accept their payment if you don't use that currency. I personally prefer that, because it allows me to sort everything out and have everything ready before charging my customers. Best of luck.

Cody

Cody44, Dec 2, 2013 IP