1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bush verses Kerry DP poll

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by anthonycea, Jul 19, 2004.

?

Digital Point picks the Next President, Please vote!

Poll closed Oct 17, 2004.
  1. George Bush

25 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. John Kerry

36 vote(s)
    59.0%
    Can we vote for President here at Digital Point?

anthonycea, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have just started a poll - it would be pretty fun to see... ;)

schlottke, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I think I made a mistake when starting the poll, Shawn can you put Compar in as an independent in the poll please, I would hate to see only two parties represented in the DP poll.

Add Al Sharpton and OJ if you can also.

anthonycea, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to write in Dole... lol.

schlottke, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  5. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As the President of the United States may as well also be the President of Australia at the moment :mad: I hope we both loose the incumbant (US & Aus).

Dominic, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  6. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is Kucinich? I don't want Kerry or Bush. Where is the move out of America option? I vote that one.

Such Great Heights, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That option lost a great deal of it's luster when the lying scumbags who claimed they would leave our great country if we were to elect George W. Bush against their wishes failed to live up to their promises.

We did our part of the bargain; they should have lived up to theirs.

Will.Spencer, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  8. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Here here...

mopacfan, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  9. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I must have missed this part.
    Who is the lying scumbags who claimed they'd leave?

Such Great Heights, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  10. rustybrick

rustybrick User ID 3

Best Answers:
    Close results, I think I hear "recount". :)

rustybrick, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  11. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    He is referring to the people that said they would move out of the USA if Bush was elected - Im not quite that upset that people didn't move out, but I did have a Bush hater run me off the road yesterday and try to fight me because I have a bumber sticker that says Protected by the Blood of Jesus on my car... (Not a joke.)

schlottke, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  12. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    OK i figured he was talking about "the people" who said they'd move out. but I was wondering if there was a certain group, or just random people off the street, or what.

Hearing that someone tried to run you off the road is scary. For any reason, especially something dumb like "I think you are wrong." :confused:

Although I did feel really sad and for a split second got the feeling I wanted to bash some lady's car because she had a sticker basically saying gay marriage was gross and wrong. :eek: but I'd never actually do it.

Such Great Heights, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  13. Touchdown

Touchdown Peon

Best Answers:
    My dogs name is George W. No lie. :)

Touchdown, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Rusty, the only reason it is close is that votes from Florida were stolen and not counted, Jeb Bush is governor and he is floating the bags down the river. :D By Florida law no one from Florida can vote in the Digital Point Election :D

Shawn has coded the election so that voters from Florida think they voted but in reality their votes were eaten by spyware viruses. :D

anthonycea, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  15. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    First, pragmatic issues. Ask yourself these two questions; they may seem emotionally tinged, but in fact they are sober and realistic points.

1. Can you reasonably imagine anyone who voted for Al Gore in 2000 voting for George Bush in 2004?

2. Can you reasonably imagine anyone who voted for George Bush in 2000 voting for John Kerry in 2004?

I submit that the answers are 1) NO, and 2) YES. The NO in #1 is going to be awfully solid. It may be that the YES in #2 is fairly thin--but then we come to Phase II.

In 2004, Al Gore won the popular vote by a strong margin. He also would have won the Electoral vote save for the fix in Florida, which was not "hanging chads" (though the months-long analyses after the fact showed that had his legal strategists had a thimbleful of brain between them, and at once sought a complete, statewide recount--instead of foolishly looking for county-by-county recounts--even that would likely have swung it), but was the "purging" of 87,000 perfectly well-qualified voters (96% black, probably all Republicans, yes?) from the voter rolls, in the same trick they had the once-surprising (but today routine) gall to try to trot out again this year.

So, while it's not likely to be a landslide, whatever that is these days, it seems--barring the inevitable possibility of some last-minute debacle (such as "my astrologist told me that there might be some Ay-rab a'settin' off a cherry bomb next week, so we'd better stop all this election nonsense for a few weeks or months or years"--oops, sorry, that was Nancy with the astrologists, this time it'll be the CIA, no, oops, sorry, we played that card last week, well, anyway, somebody told me)--that a Kerry presidency is as close to assured as any such matter ever gets at this stage.

Now, second, about people leaving the United States. Have any of you living here ever actually looked into what is involved in trying to emigrate to any other country? If you restrict yourself to the civilized nations, the ones that would be a material improvement over the U.S. in social or moral terms, kiss it off : they ain't havin' none of it. If you have a 55-gallon drumfull of cash, you can buy your way into Canadian citizenship. Or, if you have perhaps less than a 55-gallon drumfull, but still a few bucketfulls, you can try New Zealand in a business-emigration basis. I myself never vowed to leave the U.S. for this or that or t'other; but I definitely have looked into it, and one's choices are not palatable.

Third, as to wanting Kucinich: sure, the Demos do not always seem able to identify their best. It was a bloody shame last time around that Paul Tsongas turned out to be a doomed man, which I now suppose was more widely known among the pro pols than it then was to the public. On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with Kerry, and much that is righter than folk not yet well acquainted with him realize. The bottom line, you see, is that whether it is good or bad, likeable or dislikeable, it is ineluctable fact that we only get to choose between two persons for the presidency, and that's how it'll be for a long time. So "I'd have preferred ---" is just meaningless bar chatter.

For those not convinced, keep in mind what someone or other famously remarked: the only thing worse than the lesser of two evils is the greater of two evils.

Owlcroft, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The way I look at it is this, this is the same gang that screwed up the first Gulf War, if they wanted to take out Saddam they should have took him out in 91 when they were on the ground then.

This country has paid 1,000 fold in lives and money exported to the middle east for something that could have happened in the first Gulf War when Bush Senior made the worst decision in modern history when he let Saddam stay in power.

So I say that we make change at this time since this cast of characters in power is the same group that made that mistake. This war is exporting Billions of dollars and jobs to places where we will never gain any benefit from not to mention lives lost for a war that is simply a religious war that can not be solved by men anyway.

Lets put it this way, I ain't voting Republican.

anthonycea, Jul 21, 2004 IP
  17. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree. I'm not a bush fan by any stretch of the imagination, but there were several independent university reports that showed bush had more than just a narrow margin of victory in Fla. The dems only have fear mongering and playing on emotions because if you look at what they really stand for, they are nothing more than sacks of hot air who don't have a clue about the real world around them. And what about Sandy Berger? And Kerry has this clown on his team?

If you want real change and a real President, vote Libertarian. Until the republicrats and the demicans are removed from power, it's going to be the same old bullshit over and over and over and over and over and, well you get the idea. Don't pick between the lesser of two EVILS. Evil is just that, why should you settle for that? Pick someone who is GOOD and will work to pull our nation out of the moral decay it has fallen into. Anyone remember what happened to the Romans? History repeats itself yet again.

mopacfan, Jul 21, 2004 IP
  18. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    So what specifically is wrong with Sandy Berger?

And who is the libertarian candidate?

I read an interesting quote just the other day. It said:

"The only thing worse than the lesser of two evils, is the greater of two evils".

In my mind Bush definitely qualifies as the "greater of two evils". The man and everything he does, and stands for, personifies EVIL.

compar, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  19. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Neither candidate is "Evil". They do what they see as best. With that being said my vote is going to be weighed on one thing. Has Bush wowed me the past 4 years?

If he hasn't, then give somebody else the opportunity. If he has then vote him in.
    A president should alway inspire the people. They should never vote out of fear, whether it be terrorism, the economy or some new future unseen hurtle.

Help Desk, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  20. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Anthony, it would be interesting to enlarge the poll to ask the non Americans for their opinion. I don't think many Americans understand how almost universally Bush is despised and feared in the rest of the world. It is hard for me to understand how this can be in the long term interest of the USA.

Now some may say "so what? let the rest of the world mind their own damn business". But that should works both ways. And certainly, Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Rummy and the boys are perfectly happy to try and force their ideas on the rest of the world.

compar, Jul 22, 2004 IP