1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bush started the Mortgage mess. proof

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by pizzaman, Oct 1, 2008.

1. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    pizzaman

Actually is is not really Clinton or Bush's fault. Clinton and Bush did lower the standard. With gas going up people fiances got tight. I owned a chain of gas, stations/restaurants and my best customers were the poor. They would fill up and the buy junk food, drinks and what nots. After Katrina hit they did not have the extra income to buy the junkfood due to the increase of fuel. My profits dropped by over 50% and continued to drop. Luckly I put them up for sale and a Moroccan company bought them. The poor that got the loans do not have the money to purchase their houses since the increase in fuel, food and all goods. The blame is on the people receiving the loan, fuel, and the mismanagement of funds by the head of the banks and Freddie and Fannie. It is fun to blame Clinton for lowering the standards drastically but he was trying to help the poor obtain homes. If gas didn't skyrocket after Katrina this crash probably would have never happened.

homebizseo, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  2. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am talking about the mortgage problems here. This tape clearly illustrates that bush and the republicans are responsible or this mess.
    I can try to find out how bush has destroyed anything you want. he have broken everything he has touched and the pugs have given him unconditional support and cover.

pizzaman, Oct 4, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  3. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope the democrats played a larger roll, but in their defense they were trying to help the poor obtain home ownership. There is nothing wrong with that if everyone made there payments.

If the democrats plan would have worked it would have meant that less people would be mooching off of government housing.

homebizseo, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  4. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope he laid out the plan right there in 2002. He planed all the things that have caused the problem we are facing now. whatever clinton did would not have caused such a big problem as we see now.
    there might have been a gun on the table but he loaded it and shot the mortgage industry in the heart.

pizzaman, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a clue what Pizzaman's field of expertise (if any) might be, but my Business degree is from the Dept of Finance and Real Estate and I've been in the real estate world in varying positions both corporate and entrepreneurial since the early 80s. I didnt just hear about this, I've studied it and lived it. My wife is one of many underwriters run off by Countrywide for trying to uphold the meager guidelines that were left.

I can say from personal experience the problems we've got right now predate Bush. The fuse was lit long before, and every time his administration or party tried to douse it they were shot down by a DNC controlled Congress. That's documented fact if you simply read some newspaper clips. Even papers that LOVE the DNC credited them with saving the virtuous Fannie and Freddie from those mean ole GOP fellas... and the Dems repeatedly went on record as saying there was no problem at Fannie/Freddie.

The facts are the facts. I've posted some of 'em enough, why bother... experts without portfolio like Pizza don't like pesky little things like facts. There were also some GOP guys on the Hill that were bought and paid for too... but the mess is purely the result of the DNC getting their way. Those in the industry know it from having lived it. People can argue here all they want (I won't, getting tired of it), but due to related education and experience my vantage point provides a better view.

Meanwhile those that watch only MSNBC and CNN and dont have serious years in the industry are pretty much never gonna hear the facts. Most of the media pretty much seems prepared to ignore even the most glaring evidence that doesnt support their desired outcome. Doesn't say much for our system. Seeing the people that caused the problem profit from it politically is a rich piece of irony.

robjones, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  6. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    blah blah blah
    i have a witness, george bush explains the whole thing in the video. i have analyzed it, and step by step have shown why he is responsible. Just follow what he talks about. you will see that he is the one that is responsible for this.
    you do not need a college education to understand him. he talks very simple.
    he is the one that opened the doors of hell
    YOU CAN NOT DENY THAT WHAT HE IS ADVOCATING IN THE VIDEO IS THE EXACT THING THAT CAUSED THE MELT DOWN

pizzaman, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The DNC did not control congress when McCain co sponsored the bill you keep bringing up originally. That makes what you claim far from a 'fact'

---
    I blame both sides, I guess some do not have the ability to do as much.

GRIM, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah It's easy to put your head in the sand. The same mentality leads people to believe that if Bush wasn't elected president the Taliban and Bin Laden wouldn't have attacked on 911.

Everyone knows that Bin Laden and Sadaam Hussein had been plotting terrorist attacks for years before Bush was elected president. Saddam even paid the families of suicide bombers that attacked Jews $25,000.

bogart, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  9. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    why are you babbling about this in this thread, This is about bush's responsibility for the mortgage crisis. Are you trying to change the conversation because you have nothing to say in his defense?

pizzaman, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually there were many many attempts to quell the problem and the nice folks like Barney Frank managed to jump out there on record as opposing it and even the newspapers that love the DNC gave them credit for the kill.

It doesnt make you sound wise and unpartisan to deny that this particular part really is just the result of the DNC getting their way... just gives the appearance of being unwilling to look at the evidence and make a cogent conclusion. Sometimes there really IS one side or the other that bears the brunt of the blame. Sorry that annoys you, but it happens to be true.

robjones, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So me simply calling you on something you stated being untruthful being a lie gets turned around into me being 'partisan'

Let me say this real slow for you I BLAME BOTH SIDES including Barney Frank.

That does not take away from something you stated being FALSE.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for continuing to show us you are truly biased and blind.

---
    BTW I actually disputed the OP's claim that Bush was to blame for this mess.

You were caught in a lie/fabrication. Instead of being a man and simply admitting you misspoke you decide to go underhanded and dirty and pulls this?

Yeah, I'll take anything you say with more than a grain of salt as you obviously have no bias. Excuse me while I finish laughing my fucking ass off.

GRIM, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  12. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do we have to be nonpartisan. pugs got us into trouble and we have to get them out. This is very partisan. Time for accountability. We look at the past to judge the guilty. Pugs are the guilty and responsible party. This is not kindergarten that every one wins

pizzaman, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Simple, like it or not both parties 'or at least members of' had a hand in the cookie jar.

One of those issues they both make $$$ off of, and provides votes for them to those who wish to own a home.

GRIM, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you read carefully I do point out that there were some GOP guys bought out by the special interests too, but that as policy was concerned the GOP was trying to rein in Fannie and the DNC was trying to kill any attempt.

But hey, I cant aspire to your level of knowledge about the history of the mortgage market. Unlike you, my view is tainted by a related degree and 25 years of experience.

robjones, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So still not able to admit you you lied, that the DNC was not in power of congress when the first bill you continually bring up was brought forth.

25 years experience when you are not in the inside, nor have real experience on that level, plus have an obvious political bias does not hold much water with me ;)

Yes because the DNC has controlled congress so much of the time Bush was in office.

GRIM, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  16. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    might be so but the main thing that you also have to consider is how much is each side responsible for. republicans are responsible for most of what has happened in the past 8 years. they have governed imperialistically. and had the my way or the hwy attitude as much as they could. It is also obvious that the country can not afford the continuation of these policies.
    republicans must loose and loose big so we can turn this around.

pizzaman, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A ripple created in previous administrations can travel far after their administration ends.

GRIM, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The proper way of phrasing it might have been that MANY were shot down by a Democratically held Congress and some were shot down during the time between them regaining control, and that I kinda thought I covered that overgeneralization by pointing out on multiple occasions that there were some Republican legislators that were bought out by the special interests involved too.

NOW - If you plan to suggest that having a degree in finance, personally having taught mortgage guidelines for 25 years to agents, having been required by the state to take continuing education on the subject, and being married to an underwriter somehow put me at a disadvantage on the history of the mortgage industry because of your own amazing ability to guess at things and learn current events from you-tube (or maybe just due to your natural business acumen)... I'm gonna hafta clean iced tea off my monitor.

Whether the information I offer "holds water" with you or not wont cost me a lotta sleep. I offered information, whether or not it can penetrate isnt my concern.

robjones, Oct 4, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  19. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    But you see him in the video. he clearly recognizes that the down payment is required at the time and he sees this as a major obstacle and he admits that he wants to remove it. we know that a great number of houses in default had a no down payment loan. This is also noticable in every aspect of the problem we face now.
    dem might have had some part in it. But there is no doubt that he started this fire. He is responsible.

pizzaman, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No it's not the 'proper way' it's the difference from flat out lying and not.
    Never did I say I had a better understanding, but nice way of trying to put a jab in, too bad like most of your argument if falls flat.

I will listen to actual experts who have national expertise and are not held up with the bias that you so thoroughly show.
    ;)

Glad I could call you out, and glad you continue to show that bias, it shines strong in you.

GRIM, Oct 4, 2008 IP