1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Burst!Media and Google Adsense on one page

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by pentium9, Dec 19, 2004.

Hi guys!

I am just totally fresh with Google Adsense and this forum as well.

Well my question: is this possible or allowed that I place two ads from two different networks on a single page? for instance, one Google Ads above and one banner from Burst!Media right under it?

Sorry if this thread is the duplicated question!!!! and help are very much appricated!

pentium9, Dec 19, 2004 IP
  2. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it is in Burstmedia's TOS that the 468x60 banner must be the first in the page. So, you should place the Burst ad first and the Adsense ad under it. You can place adsense ads anywhere you want.

caroline, Dec 19, 2004 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know; that policy for burstmedia is stupid. Banners that are at the top of pages are hardly ever clicked. If people could make sites where the banner is integrated into the content, they'd be clicked a helluva lot more often. I'd love to run some banner campaigns, but the banner ad placement all over the internet just sucks. who looks at the top of websites anymore - you know there is an ad there.

lorien1973, Dec 19, 2004 IP
  4. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I think banner ads near the top are easy money. Like you said, they are ignored by most users, so they don't affect the usability or credibility of the site. And they don't get in the way of the real content on the site. It is a win-win situation. Granted they may only pay $1-2 CPM... but they that's money in your pocket and you don't have to produce clicks.

my3cents, Dec 19, 2004 IP
  5. pentium9

pentium9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well! thanks guys! my topic turns out to be "where is the most effective place to add your banner" lol! just kidding!

After reading dozen of posts around this forum I finally decided not to use 'em simultaneously but instead Clicksor will be the alternate ads for Google wherever there is a Public Service Ads. However, I failed to setup this alternate ads. Google said "enter the URL here" but when I entered Clicksor's URL as follow:

hxxp://www.clicksor.com/showAd.php?pid=7291&sid=10082&adtype=6

It simply doest work out! instead of showing Clicksor ads as I expected, It shows a pretty weird text and meaningless.

Anybody has experience how to do it? thnx guys

pentium9, Dec 19, 2004 IP
  6. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    there shouldnt be a problem as long as you dont put contextual type of advertising alongside with adsense. I use Casale Media+FastClick+Context combo.

melfan, Dec 19, 2004 IP
  7. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    You should probably paste the clicksor code in a html file, say clicksor.html and set this to be your Adsense redirect. :)

caroline, Dec 19, 2004 IP
  8. pentium9

pentium9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gottcha! thx caroline! pretty simple but ..... he he!

pentium9, Dec 20, 2004 IP