1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bumping threads

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by GUESTID, May 30, 2007.

1. Mamyles

Mamyles Peon

Best Answers:
    I received 4 infractions for double-posting. They seem to be automatic, as there is no mod listed, as I believe there should be, and my posts are not "bumps" to me.

Are bumping infractions performed automatically? If so, how does the system know what is a bump and what is simply more information? If not, what is the criteria for a post being a "bump"?
    Note that after a certain amount of time, you cannot edit your posts. Therefore, a double-post must be done. Also, is it necessary to give 4 infractions for the same thing in less than a minute? I think I get the point after 1. One more question relating to this topic: shouldn't a PM be sent automatically when an infraction is received? I just found out today I am halfway towards being banned, and am wondering why a PM was not sent.

Mamyles, May 31, 2007 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Whether or not you get a message regarding infractions depends on user selected settings. It is always wisest to receive PMs and emails from Admin. Shawn is not trigger happy in regard to email. About the only messages sent out from DP involve infractions.

I suggest all members that are not receiving infraction messages go to their control panel and change their options. If you have elected to recieve email from DP and are not receiving it, check your spam message box and spam filter.

Smyrl, May 31, 2007 IP