1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[BulletinBoost.com] Myspace Bulletin Posting Service - $370 income first 24hours

Discussion in 'Sites' started by symptic, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Site age: Registered domain in June, site was not put online until August 3rd
    Revenue: $370 first 24 hours
    Starting Bid: $500 (This is what it is currently up to on sitepoint
    Buy it now: $5000

Paypal Revenue:
    [​IMG]

Traffic with little promotion:
    [​IMG]

This site is for sale on sitepoint as well:

BulletinBoost.com is a myspace bulletin posting service that sells bulletins to interested parties. BulletinBoost allows people looking for promotion to purchase the service that will post bulletins across a network of thousands of people.

We've run the service without a name, but the day the acutal website was launched as BulletinBoost (first day 11:50PM August 3rd to 11:50PM August 4) with ONLY 48 unique visitors, we received over $370 in revenue. We helped answer clients questions and helped them setup a bulletin before they paid, that is why payment on paypal was not made until the 5th and 6th of August (refer to attachment picture). With more promotion, the site could bring in $1000+ a day.

As a bonus, the winner of this auction will receive 3 myspace accounts, totaling 50,000 friends. One of the accounts is made for bulletinboost.com. You will also receive the BulletinBoost screen name for AOL Instant Messenger, and the Bulletinboost.com gmail account. Please do not ask for links to look at the myspace accounts, the winner and only the winner of the auction will get them.

If you have any questions, comments, etc. you can post them here, or message me.

Again, the winner will receive all website files upon payment, as well as 3 myspace accounts, an AIM account and a gmail account.

Revenue Details
    BulletinBoost.com uses no advertisements; revenue comes strictly from sales of bulletins on Myspace. Currently we sell packages of bulletins, however, when the website becomes yours, you can sell whatever packages you want or even include advertisements on the site.

Traffic Details
    BulletinBoost attracts its traffic through word of mouth, forums advertising (webmaster and marketing/promotion forums) and through posting bulletins on Myspace. This rapidly growing niche in the marketing sector is bustling with interest and nearly everyone we've contacted has been interested in our services and the potential they bring out.

symptic, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So you are selling a site that is 4 days old... and want $5,000 for it? :confused:

fryman, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  3. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    BIN is $5000, doesn't mean I'm looking to get that. I could have made well over $1000 since it was launched, however, I cannot keep up with client demands as I have other websites I am concentrating on.

symptic, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  4. eljefe3

eljefe3 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    >>I could have made well over $1000 since it was launched, however, I cannot keep up with client demands as I have other websites I am concentrating on.

Why not keep the site and pay someone $100/day to run it. Everyone wins :)

In order for me to be serious about buying this site, I'd need to see at least 1 month's traffic and revenue as I'm sure most prudent buyers would also. Heck make the $300/day, keep the site for a month, pocket the 9K then sell for 45K.

eljefe3, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  5. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

I can provide up to 14 days traffic (when auction will end on sitepoint and here). As for revenue, I cannot provide that. I have turned down over 20 people today who have messaged me asking for my service. It hurts to do that knowing I'm losing the money, but I am too occupied to keep up with the site. Thanks for your interest:D

symptic, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  6. The_Phantom

The_Phantom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
    ?????

I fail to see how someone can't keep up with client demands..... give us a break.

Especially since their "clients" are themself.

How can you even design a whole page as a testimonial to yourself ???... claiming to be another company (FriendFleet.com). Please explain that to us.

So you decided to pay yourself, so that you could produce fraudulent sales records, and then turn around and try to represent that as income you're making from a site..... SHAME ON YOU.

You failed to remember a very important step.....

The_Phantom, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  7. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One customer bought $300 worth of bulletins? :eek:
    MySpace mania grows daily, good luck with your auction.

gemini181, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  8. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Try running this service, and you'll fall behind FAST. Try keeping track of 20+ people, their profile ID's, the amount they paid, the bulletin package they bought, the time intervals you have to post their bulletins at, etc. Try dealing with 20+ clients via email, AIM, and trying to meet their needs.

Friendfleet.com is NOT directly owned by me, it is owned by a friend. I own sicret networks, and register AND host and help promote all my friends domains under that network. The testimonials are not fake in anyway, my friends came to me and wanted to use my service, and all the stats and information in both testimonials are completely factual. Also, I did not charge my friends to use my service as they are my close friends, THOSE ARE NOT WHAT THE PAYPAL STATS ARE FROM. The paypal stats are from actual clients that came to me WHEN the site was launched. I suggest you get the facts straight before you come in here accusing me of producing fraudlent sales records.

symptic, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  9. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Myspace mania indeed does grow daily. It is insane what myspace has grown into, and how many people are using it.

symptic, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  10. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Agreed.
    So this is Web 2.0? ;)
    Enjoy.

gemini181, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  11. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How big a myspace account does this include?

Greg-J, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  12. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    3 accounts totaling 50,000 friends

symptic, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  13. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    When does this auction end?

Greg-J, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  14. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    August 15th, Midnight.

symptic, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  15. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All PMs replied to.

symptic, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  16. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just to prove to everyone that doesn't believe the site works, or it is not worth it, I now am willing to accept the first persons offer who wants 10 bulletins posted for their website. After I do this, the person must give feedback on what exactly they experienced and what their stats were like.

I will NOT post bulletins for adult websites, illegal content, or websites with scams.

I am doing the same thing over at Sitepoint. First member to contact me I will do this for.

symptic, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  17. The_Phantom

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
    symptic, I'm not trying to piss in your cheerios, and I apologize if I AM wrong, but I do believe the facts are in black & white.

I already do, and so do many others.

Then try explaining this to us:

[​IMG]

I personally find it odd that BULLETINBOOST.COM & FRIENDFLEET.COM were registered on the same day, yet you claim not to own Friendfleet.com.....

You state that you own Sicret Networks, so I can only come to the conclusion that you also own Friendfleet.com due to the fact that Friendfleet.com IS REGISTERED to Sicret Networks. And before you reply to us stating that you "registered it" for a "friend", WHY would someone else's DOMAIN be registered "by you" thru GoDaddy ????? Is that something else that you need to "keep track of" ?
    Sorry, but I won't buy into that.

In addition, ALL 3 domains are hosted on FRIENDFLEET.COM Servers.....
    So are you telling us that your network or whatever, is hosted on your "friend's" server when you state:
    I'm sorry, but if you're hosting, then you do, in fact, own FRIENDFLEET.COM.

18. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Phantom, you are not "pissing in my cheerios". I'll explain this to you easily:

Sicret Networks is owned by me. Since I run dedicated servers, and HOST all my friends domains under my server, then to avoid complications I register them all under my godadd account. Also, all the domains will have the same DNS since they are ALL hosted under my server (my friends enjoy free dedicated hosting ;) )Second, my friend asked me to register Friendfleet.com on June 23rd, after he saw Friendstorm.net and felt that he could build a better site. After registering it, and while actually reading through posts on digital point of people selling bulletin services, I had the idea to make a bulletin website so people could come to me, instead of having to scour through forums to find a deal. His friendfleet site took off, so he asked me to help promote it with him, and he gave me some of the revenue. I had no time to setup bulletinboost, but finally at the beginning of this month I had some time so I did put it up.

I used to be on an old P4 dedicated server BEFORE I added my friends website friendfleet.com to it. The site got so big that it would constantly overload the server. I then upgraded to Dual Opteron 273 servers and his website happened to be the first one that I setup on the server, hence why all the other domains are set with a DNS of friendfleet.com

Also, if you want to make any other accusations, take it up with me in PM and stop trashing this thread.

RWD is also the first person to contact me. I will work something with him and he will post feedback soon.

symptic, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  19. The_Phantom

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
    I honestly wasn't trying to trash your thread symptic. I was only pointing out what was on the minds of many here at Digital Point when they saw all of these "friends" of yours and "their testimonials", when everything pointed back to you.

People tend to get a little weary of purchasing anything on the internet, especially when someone tends to base the success of their website using their "friends" as a reference. We all know and understand that "friends" do give the best references.

Thank You for clarifying everything for us, and please accept my apology. I'm sure that everyone feels a little more receptive now that there isn't so many "gray areas" in the puzzle.

20. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Now that you put it that way, I apologize for overreacting. You are right, and the people of Digitalpoint deserved an explanation of who owned what sites, and who hosted them, etc. Have a good day :)

symptic, Aug 8, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.