1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Built up a member list: Now what?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HuskVillage, Sep 1, 2015.

Hello,

So I have this member base from BBMYOU .com

Over 45,000 members mostly from UK and USA. Aged 16-25 mainly. Prime demographics, quality list, never been promoted too before.

I'm new to this, and looking for advice on what to do with it. If I were to sell it, where do I go to sell it? Best way to promote to it? Etc.

HuskVillage, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  2. ibwashin

ibwashin Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a strong believer in social media. Its free, everyone uses it, and most important is it's free. I have been promoting a paid for survey site on twitter for a while now and it has grown unbelievably! Granted its free to join so its not a hard sale as other site where you are actually trying to sale something but none the less people are usually skeptical. You can promote any type of sites on social media as much as you want without getting kicked out. So id definitely start there, and this is the site i promote up there if you just want to compare yours and mine.

[​IMG]

ibwashin, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  3. palmfanatic

palmfanatic Member

Best Answers:
    Hi huskbillage, welcome to the site.
    So the first thing would do is work out what their interests are.I don't exactly know what the site is about but let's pretend it's a gaming site. So we now know people joined your site because they were passionate about gaming for example.
    If you have never emailed them before maybe ask them a few questions in an email, would they like more reviews, what are they after .
    Then go to clickbank or anywhere else where you can become an affiliate for those specific interests and every so often put in a link and a review for a product .
    Do NOT constantly pitch them though you have done a fantastic job to get that many visitors so don't kill the golden goose

Best wishes

Peter

palmfanatic, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  4. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was unable to view your website.

Curious. Why did you build this list to begin with?

It's just that a lot of internet marketers, including me, are struggling to build our lists. We want to eventually promote products and services to our list.

And I find it incredible that you just built a list and don't know what to do with it.

Are you willing to share with us how you did this? I definitely would like know.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  5. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what niche your list is in but send them an e-mail ask them what they want, build a relationship with them so in the future you can promote products to them and hopefully make money from your list.

kb24, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  6. HuskVillage

HuskVillage Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the insightful info. I suppose to best way to mass email them is using AWeber?

HuskVillage, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  7. HuskVillage

HuskVillage Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't really build it. I had a website called bbmyou which people signed up to and shared their Blackberry Messenger PIN with others, kind of like a social networking site. It blew up without any promotion went viral and organic as it was the first of it's kind and now I have this list of members.

HuskVillage, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  8. kellz

kellz Member

Best Answers:
    So this is a list of people who have/had Blackberrys?

Open a MailChimp account and send them an email with a product to buy. Include a link in the email to your website that has the product there with a BUY NOW button.

What to sell to them may be tricky. Blackberry is no longer popular, but there are still some people who use them. I would:

1. Find out if Blackberry has an affiliate program.
    2. If so, sign up for it and wait to get approved.
    3. Once approved, send the list an email with the current Blackberry models. Or pick the best Blackberry model and promote just that one. I believe there is a cool looking gold one. Sell that one.
    4. Include a link to the Blackberry website in the email so they can buy a new one and you get a commission.

If there is not a Blackberry affiliate program or you can't get approved for it, find something else to sell to the list, like:

1. A new iPhone or Android, since they may no longer be interested in Blackberry. I believe both Apple and Android have an affiliate program.
    2. Mobile phone cases. But they have to be cool looking cases that are unique. Someone on here is selling cases made out of cork. Maybe ask them if they have an affiliate program.
    3. Mobile accessories. Either from Alibaba or Amazon.

Do not sell the list when people trusted you with their email address. That is so RUDE!

kellz, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  9. palmfanatic

palmfanatic Member

Best Answers:
    Haha husk village I still use a blackberry daily as my main working device , I have an iPhone to play with .
    Do you still use bbm if so please feel free to private message me your pin , as I would love to chat blackberry

Peter

palmfanatic, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  10. HuskVillage

HuskVillage Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the insight. Actually, any phone can have BBM (Blackberry Messenger). Blackberry released an iPhone and android app for it.

HuskVillage, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  11. devjeetsingh

devjeetsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is against the policy of Digital Point to ask someone for likes (publicly or privately) :p

Now let's come to your question, I think you can do a lot with those email list but I would recommend you to go with email marketing campaign and Facebook ads for sure. Everyone is familiar with email marketing campaigning. You can create Facebook audience using those email ids and when your customer will login to their Facebook account, they will see your ads on Facebook.

devjeetsingh, Sep 10, 2015 IP