1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Built for AdSense - BUGGING ME. Someone, please nail it!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005.

(Yes I'm back, for the very last time.. la la.. dee dee woop)

Someone please nail this issue before I blow my ROOF! :eek:

How can one shakey clause in a policy jepardise such a huge revenue source?

Now .. should I keep on building and following my forumula of medium to high paying keywords with nice templates I've designed myself and original articles .. or will there be a point at which Google say "Oy! You're building sites for AdSense. Yee-orr outta there, punk! Kiss your money goodbye!"

Yes, the paranoia is getting to me as my revenue rises.

Someone really ought to nail this though once and for all - puhleez if you work at Google or know 'inside' contacts or you yourself build lots of sites around 'valuable' topics and place AdSense on them and have never had a problem, I'm at my witz and I'm forced to make this last post plea before I begin a phase of site building and dissapear for a while. It seems more like a thought-crime to me - if affiliate programs work better on the site, I'll use them. If AdSense works better, I'll use that. I'll test them both and use the best performer obviously.

I'm making sites for MONEY! Dollars or pounds, it doesn't matter! Show me the M-O-N-E-Y where ever it's from.

This is bugging me. It's a silly clause if you ask me.

My sites all have:

• Original content by me or lancers
    • 1 AdSense box
    • Updated article every week
    • The same template that I LOVE and I'm proud of

Are we 'bending the rules' (like Critters mentioned earlier tonight about some people we're kicked out of AdSense for and not allowed back in) by building sites with AdSense in *mind*, in our thoughts and prayers :)rolleyes:).

My mind boggles.

God damnit. It's a good job I don't smoke the 'urb I'd be going insane with the paranoia I seem to be developing.

The reason I'm asking of course if because I've developed a 'Health Network' of 5 sites to begin with, and of course I'll place AdSense on because that's what will earn me the most money! I'm planning on releasing these next week and I know it will start to generate significant income and I don't want that jepardized, nor the income I already recieve from my other sites.

Nghhhhh..!!!!

I thought I'd make an image to express my thoughts better in the vein hope someone 'in the know' may reply - come on, it's not like I've not made an effort asking. I'm in the kneeling position and it's not because I wish to star in the next slap happy episode: GADOOD vs Google 'OMG THEY BANNED ME!'.

[​IMG] (CLICK!)

I think I'm losing my marbles over this.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If there is good content on each site that would be good for the visitor you should have nothing to worry about.

If they are all lame duck sites that offer no good content. (1 paragraph per page to get ads to show) then you probably should be worried. I would look for the google cams in your heater vents, check for bugged phones, look out your window for utility vans, or vehicles with tinted windows... Cause the googleman is watching you!!!

debunked, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  3. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Arggghh. :)

No worries on the content front. My articles are always between 200-350 words and are useful and informative.

If I don't get burned for at *least* 6 months I may just pay all my debts off, and that will be enough to run with on AdSense. By then my sites should have sufficient traffic for other sources of revenue.

Jesus, are you there? I never believed in you before, and don't really now, but, you git, if you exist with God up in those clouds please let my *decent* sites run for at least 6 months with AdSense... mmm'kay? It's the least you can do, damn it.

Thanks - I wasn't expecting anyone to reply to this thread for some reason, even though it must be the most BURNING issue of them all these days and on everyones mind.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  4. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    The nude images will get you kicked out very fast. Thats not pushing the envelope thats a direct violation.

The sites I make are made for people and successful long before I put advertising on them. I dont make sites to make money I make sites that people find useful and want to use. So I dont know if I can offer advice here.

Shoemoney, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  5. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't make sites to make money? I'm sorry, shall we go through the whole popular thread by yourself..... ? Come on, don't blatently out-right lie.. or are you joshing every so subtly? I can't tell..... or are you saying 'I build sites for money and don't push the envelope, and I've not been banned yet........' ? I'll go with that, then. :p

You must be more paranoid then me..

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I really do need a solid answer on this. If someone could PM me, I'd appreciate it. I certainly don't wish to invest a huge ammount of money in creating 'useful sites that people want to use', and by then monitizing them, whether that's right away or further down the line, with the best performing program for the niche(s), get slammed by the programs policy.. Hm?

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  7. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only solid answer you will get is from google, not from anyone on this site

longroad, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    lol... no wonder you get so pissed off when people report adsense policy violators... I wonder what kind of "valuable" sites you are building...

I don't walk around the block worrying that the police is going to jump on me and send me to jail... if you are worrying about getting banned then something is wrong...

fryman, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  9. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    What's wrong is the POLICY clause fryman, and it could burn any of us. It's just not clear, at all from where I'm looking.

The bunch of sites I'm building *are* valuable and I have no quarms over how useful people will find them. They aren't scrapers, they're HTML sites with original content from a warm feel speaking on a more personal level then most sites. It's the angle I'm working on for whole 'Networks' I'm building - both health and a business services ones up to now.

However, launching these all at the same time with the same template I'm concerned, that's all. I'm concerned because of the clause in the policy that states we can't 'Build sites for AdSense', whatever that means.

What exactly am I doing?

- Launching useful sites?
    - Launching useful sites with the ability to put AdSense on?
    - Launching useful sites with the thought of using AdSense?
    - Launching useful sites built for AdSense?
    - Launching useful sites built to make money?

I want to know what the heck building sites for Google AdSense means. It's not much to ask.. surely? Am I safe doing what I'm doing? You know, we like safe-guards. I do. I like to think if I keep my sites clean, original and useful I won't be banned.

Nothing is wrong but that clause in the policy.

I'll just e-mail Google, eh and show them the new networks I'm planning to launch and monitize with AdSense, with it being the most effective program and all, y'know.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  10. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    maybe you should re-read what I wrote above. Especially the part about NUDE IMAGES.

and yes I have alot of sites right now that get 40-50k uniq hits a day yet have ZERO ads on them...

I like to make websites people use... it does happen

11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Site for Adsense just means a site full of junk and spam that no one would be interested in so they end up clicking on the Adsense banners, for what you are saying it sounds like nothing to worry about, if using a template could cause any problems I'm sure sites like templatemonster wouldn't exist.

But anything with adult content would get you in trouble, as Shoemoney said

fryman, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Right. Thanks for that. Phew. I'll sleep easier now, I swear.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  13. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry you're losing me. Nude images? Either you're saying anything goes except nude images, ok.

Although it does rather sound like you're insinuating I have sites with nude images on aswell, which I don't!

Man, you're sounding very ambiguous today.... I can't figure out what you're saying. How about talking straight!

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  14. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh hang on, you *do* think I own a site with nude images on, because of the image I uploaded to www.fapomatic.com - gotcha. Nah, that's not my site, just a place to upload images. I'd of hosted it on one of my domains if I wasn't paranoid about people sabotaging those AdSense dollars.

Fapomatic isn't owned by me, and they don't use AdSense anyway.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  15. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I was just refering to the link you reference above.... the one with (click) next to it.

16. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I see. That's that clarified! for a moment I thought you somehow discovered one of my sites and the 'cute naked babies crawling picture'. I thought that would be rather extreme to class them as 'nude images'..... :D

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP