1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building traffic for a product comparison site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mads, Oct 31, 2016.

Hi,

I'm running a price comparison site with lots of products in 200+ categories.

I worry a little bit that I get almost all my traffic from just one source: Google.

Does any of you run a similar site and have you thought about other traffic sources?

Right now I'm mostly looking into building a Facebook group, but I'm sure there are other ways to build traffic besides Google and Facebook.

Thanks.

mads, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google and Facebook are good. Of course, there are other social media sites to promote to, like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Having a variety of places to expose your site is good, as it would mean more potential viewers.

Milliardo, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  3. bigeguide

bigeguide Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Make content marketing to traffic into social sites.It will show you from your web site in lot of value as they want to see your blog.You can blog commenting in your niche that will give you decent amount traffic.

bigeguide, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  4. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:
    Consider starting a YouTube channel. They are owned by Google, but they have over a billion users/viewers, so that would/could complement FB advertising.

Good Luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  5. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I forgot all about making a YouTube channel. Yes, having a YouTube channel does help a lot, though you also need to invest time in making a video. It would help if you already know how to edit and format videos. Having the right equipment (camera, lighting, mic if you are going to speak, editing/video-making software) would help a lot.

Milliardo, Nov 2, 2016 IP