1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building offsite backlinks from scratch (For a webstore)

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by aussieties, Jul 17, 2012.

Hi, I'm new here but I have a question about backlinking strategies.

To get high on google you need sites linking to you but it seems a bit like a chicken and egg situation. You can't get people linking your site unless they find it, and they can't find it unless it's out there somewhere. If you want to get it out there enough that people find it, you need to be on the first page of google but your competitors likely have those spots sewn up.

I know I can spend a few months creating relevant links on blogs, forums (although advertising posting on forums isn't that usually frowned on? ie. a store which sells products), social networking, press releases etc but my competitors have surely all done that before and their sites are older and they now have people creating the elusive free links just because they've visited and bought from their sites and now they're recommending it. I

Is there something I'm missing here that helps with ranking high enough to get the ball rolling? I'm wondering if "ad sense" is a necessity until you have these kind of organic links being made by happy customers.

Thanks in advance

aussieties, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  2. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is a way to let people "find" your website so that can be a solution for you. Otherwise you can always start with some forum signatures to get backlinks or to gain traffic.

quiz, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  3. aussieties

aussieties Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand what you're saying but really the people who want to buy a niche product only a tiny percentage of them are probably checking out ads on social media wouldn't you think?

aussieties, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  4. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you are running a site that is business oriented, then don't get your hopes too high on people finding your site and linking to you. people tend to link to sites that are resourceful and not business oriented. aside form that, if you have a site that makes money and at the same time provided a lot of good content, one or two people here and there will link to you but you should not count on those links to get your ranking up.

yes, your competitor sites are there for some time and they already got ranked but everyone starts from ground zero. if you want to rank your site high, you will have to do what your competitors did in the past which is build lots of quality relevant contextual links.

posting on forums promoting your site will be considered as spam but you can participate in relevant sites and have a signature linking to your site which is perfectly ok. there are lot of link building methods out there that will give you quality backlinks but you will need to get started.

sultanofseo, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    seo takes time, thats how it works.
    in the meantime you can try selling on sites like ebay, amazon etc.

webcosmo, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  6. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make best use of your blog to get yourself branded and attention. You can beat the old rulers with right resources. Getting links these days can be a tough job the way sites are being tanked for not-so-natural link building. It's better to produce great stuff, let people like it, share it and get natural linkbacks. I personally have achieved top ranks for a decently competitive industry within 1 month with lesser link building and more social activities.

chillingbreeze, Jul 18, 2012 IP
    aussieties likes this.
  7. aussieties

aussieties Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great advice Sunita :)

aussieties, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  8. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! Someone calling me by my real name here. Glad that info helped you :)

chillingbreeze, Jul 18, 2012 IP