1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building my email list with YouTube

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by indigobean2003, Oct 2, 2015.

I have created YouTube videos before, but I haven't use this animation software and I have never tried to grow an email list from YouTube before.

So what I am doing is to offer the viewer a free eBook in return for joining my list. I make the offer at the end of the video and I use annotations to link to my website.

I know that the video isn't the best. I think I could get it quite a bit better with practice.

I am sure that there are some people here that know YouTube much better than I do. Any suggestions you could make would be appreciated.

indigobean2003, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  2. Mark Toughill

Mark Toughill Peon

Best Answers:
    You could always outsource the video to someone else in Elance.com or Fiver.com or as you said, just keep practicing and you will eventually get better with each video you produce. Your video doesn't have to be perfect, as long as you get the right message across.
    Your video must have a purpose. Namely, you’re using it to bring people to your site to join your newsletter. Always keep that in mind as you create your video. Also, be sure to include your link multiple times throughout the video in both text and verbal form… especially at the end of the video. And as always, be sure to give those who view your video a compelling reason to go to your site!
    If people want to join your list after watching one of your videos, then offering “more of the same” is a good tactic to increase your subscriber opt-in rate. In other words, you can offer a free video course or an ebook as your bonus freebie for joining your newsletter list.

Mark Toughill, Oct 2, 2015 IP