1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

building contextual web page analysis algorithms a la adsense et all

Discussion in 'Programming' started by disgust, Oct 27, 2007.

I'm looking for literature on how to go about this but I'm a bit lost on what to even search for.

it seems pointless to reinvent the wheel and I'm sure literature out there exists on how a program like this should be structured.

I am assuming bayesian probability would be used to run the likelyhood of words [or phrases] occurring on any page on the internet against the number of times it appears on any specific page. I understand that.

but to do that, wouldn't you need to analyze every word [and combination of words] found on the page? this doesn't seem practical for obvious reasons.

I'm not even asking for anyone to lay out a solution, but if you could even point me in the right direction on where to find answers to a problem like this it'd be much appreciated ! :)

disgust, Oct 27, 2007 IP