1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building backlinks is a waste of time, here is what works ...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FarrisFahad, May 27, 2022.

1. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Without some good links, you'll get very little traffic. I think we can all agree on that.

What I said above (at least, tried to say) is that, after many years building my personal website, including link building, I had accumulated a fair amount of good links and was getting good traffic. Then (not before), I transitioned in my focus. I let my good content (Ph.D. expertise in my field) draw links organically. And I began to devote my time primarily to (1) additional content creation and (2) on-page SEO.

Jim4767, Sep 27, 2022 IP
    sultanofseo likes this.
  2. dakh

dakh Peon

Best Answers:
    You can earn high quality backlinks by writing great content. So it is not a waste of time. Earning your backlinks is the strategy.

dakh, Oct 3, 2022 IP
  3. Serp Solace

Serp Solace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you aren't going to rank for anything substantial with content alone. Good content helps you attract "natural backlinks". With the correct on page optimisations, you can very well rank for very low comp keywords without links. for anything higher you'll have to build some high quality links. I.E, PBN, niche edits and/or guest posts.

Serp Solace, Oct 4, 2022 IP
  4. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Link building is NOT the hardest part of SEO. Its the most easiest part of SEO. Anyone can build backlinks or buy backlinks from anywhere. Hardest part these days is to get those links indexed. None of the indexing services works anymore since last May/June Google update. This is THE hardest part in my view, to get the links indexed.

Good content will keep visitors on your page longer. However, without any backlinks, you do not have any visitors to begin with. You cannot rank even for a low competition KW without any backlink. Try it with good content and let me know. It simply will not work.

sultanofseo, Oct 19, 2022 IP
  5. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    Content is important, but so do backlinks. Besides, we can always write a guest article where we will post a back link. It is impossible to get good results without returned links.

Gamerseo, Oct 20, 2022 IP
  6. warwick jensen

warwick jensen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, You're right, Of course, content in SEO is everything if you want long-term business on google.

SEO Agency Denver

warwick jensen, Oct 25, 2022 IP
  7. MillieMc

MillieMc Peon

Best Answers:
    Good suggestion, but link-building through forums is a herculean task. Is there any easy way to generate backlinks through forum postings?

MillieMc, Oct 28, 2022 IP
  8. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi MillieMc
    Why link-building through forum posting? It won't be worth the effort and time. Try other link-building techniques, like outreach, live webinars, guest posting on authority niche websites and natural link-building.

Sumit_Singh, Oct 28, 2022 IP
  9. Beckeren

Beckeren Member

Best Answers:
    Building spam backlinks is surely a waste of time but you do need good backlinks in order to get top search engine rankings. I don't think it is possible to have top positions on search engine for competitive keywords without the backlinks.

Beckeren, Oct 31, 2022 IP
    Oso Optimized likes this.
  10. SerpClix

SerpClix Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't believe there are still people who think like this in year 2019/2022. We rank empty pages using backlinks, so I don't know what you're talking about.

SerpClix, Nov 10, 2022 IP
  11. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    Now everyone is talking about chat gpt ... create content , than edit , or create ebook to sell , marketing etc.
    so call " Unique content " Google always claim . I don't know how Google side will do. Constant updates as usual
    which a lot site owners seem already " used to it "

YujinTan, Jan 13, 2023 IP
  12. sepoint

sepoint Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This statement is more suitable for a sites that has already found its users, for new sites, in order to somehow rise, links are needed.

sepoint, Jan 14, 2023 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  13. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is important to build a user base. You have to find people who actually want to consume your content or interact with your website. Then you need to find ways to keep them coming back. Then the link building process should happen automatically.

If nobody wants to come and view your content, you already are going down the wrong road. You've got to find a way to get people to like what you do and then the rest will follow if you work hard and are consistent over time.

dvduval, Jan 14, 2023 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here's how it will not "take forever," although it does take a while. Once your website is:
    (1) well established (not brand new), with many pages indexed and ranked, and...
    (2) you do internal linking to new content from your existing Google-indexed-and-ranked content, Google and other search engines will easily find and index your new content.

I've been doing that for most of the last 19 years and have built my one-man, Bible-themed, nonprofit website to about 60K visitors a month. I have a high-traffic, well-ranked home page. It comes up #1 or #2 on Google for a term with 2 million search results. On the home page I have a section with links to the five most recent pages of new content. I also add about 5-10 keyword-relevant links to the new page from other indexed pages in my website. Using these methods, plus ongoing SEO (mostly keyword improvement), traffic has risen to about 2,000 daily visitors without my building any inlinks from other websites. But yes, in the early years I did seek out links from other websites. Now being well established with many ranked pages, I do not. The website and its 500+ indexed pages continually generate their own organic links.

Full disclosure: I'll be age 80 shortly and am entirely a one-man office. I'm the webmaster, the copywriter, the SEO guy—all that. If I had more time, more $$, and more of me, I would probably do more. But the system above works great for me. Hopefully the thoughts above will be helpful to some of you working hard out there, with limited resources, to build a successful website. Blessings!

Jim4767, Jan 21, 2023 IP
  15. Antonio Turner

Antonio Turner Peon

Best Answers:
    I still considered link building the most important thing in Search Engine Optimization. Yes, they are problematic at one time , but it's a powerful tool for SEO.

Antonio Turner, Jan 22, 2023 IP
  16. bestwebsol

bestwebsol Peon

Best Answers:
    I am partially agreed! Quality content is king, without a doubt. But backlinks from high DA websites are also very much important in SEO. I believe building less number of quality backlinks works wonder than too many unnecessary backlinks. Quality over quantity wins always!

bestwebsol, Jan 23, 2023 IP
  17. achugg

achugg Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's all of the above. Writing good content which will help you build links inbound but the website's design and UX is equally important.

achugg, Jan 23, 2023 IP
  18. ArtificialIntelligence

ArtificialIntelligence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well said, content is king. content is in your hand so you can improve it on daily bases, you can optimize your content, improve your keyword strategy and other SEO aspect point of view, and you can change it as many times do you want.

ArtificialIntelligence, Jan 25, 2023 IP
  19. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    You can do whatever you want, but your traffic amount will be the decision of Google.
    They are controlling our sites and traffic.
    I have enough websites and I always check the traffic.
    If the traffic depends only on me, so why do my websites always get the same daily visitors?
    Yes, it is growing, but do you seriously believe 185 daily unique visitors (155 organic traffic) ALWAYS, day by day is something natural?
    The next month it can increase or decrease or stay stable, but each day I get the same traffic, the same numbers (+/- 5 visitors).
    Each month the traffic changes on the 1 day of the month.
    Another website changes the traffic every 3 months. Day in the day.
    And you know what? I get the same number of visitors every hour!
    Every day, at 01:00 Google Analytics updates my traffic results of the previous day and starts the new round.
    It is enough to check my traffic between 01:00 and 02:00 to know how many visitors the site will get in the next 24 hours. The same number!
    If I get 90 unique between 01:00 and 02:00, then during the full day I will get 90 unique per hour.
    The next day it can be 85 unique per hour or 95 unique per hour.
    Until the next month when Google can change the number dramatically and decrease or increase my traffic.
    You can control your site traffic meanwhile your traffic is low, but on sites with a few thousand daily visitors, you are not who decides.
    Google is manipulating all.

mayazir, Mar 14, 2023 IP
  20. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is you never will get a free backlink, no one ever will backlink your site.
    The only way is to buy links.
    The only sites which get free backlinks are news sites.
    I have a lot of travel sites and a few news sites and the only sites which get daily backlinked are news sites.

mayazir, Mar 14, 2023 IP