1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building an Interactive Form

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by BrettBixler, Apr 21, 2020.

I need to create a form that takes user input and then provides a prescription based on their input. The form will be ~ 30 questions. Each question is a statement like "I need help on X." followed by Yes or No radio buttons.

If the user answers Yes to a question, I want to provide a short passage of text that may also have a bulleted list and links to other web pages.

I'd like to build this so if a user needs help with, say, 10 out of 30 things, an overall list is generated of those 10 passages and dynamically displayed beneath the form after the submit button is pressed, like this:

You need help with X. Please check out the following:
    * X in a Nutshell [this is a link]
    * Everything X [this is a link]

Ideally, each item included in the list is stored in a separate file whose contents can be pulled in as needed. That way others can edit those files, add more links, change links, etc. without having to alter the form itself.

I'd also like the option for the user to email the results to an email address they provide.

I know this is a lot! Is there any existing code out there that does something similar? If not, can you suggest an overall approach for this? Tx!

BrettBixler, Apr 21, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Take a look at twinery.org - it might be close enough to what you're looking for.

sarahk, Apr 21, 2020 IP