1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building a gardening website. How should I get the best

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ence Litsep, May 9, 2014.

So I started working at this gardening job and decided to build a website about the stuff we do, but I am told that for a website to be successful I need to be posting meaningful content regularly. What is some criteria for garden content? How would you define quality content? What are some suggestions on getting content? This is my first site so as much advice as possible would be appreciated.

Ence Litsep, May 9, 2014 IP
  2. carpentrylai

carpentrylai Member

Best Answers:
    I actually grow all of my herbs each year that I use to cook with and can think of a lot of things off hand that you can write about.

For instance, do you plant from seed or buy a small plant then let it grow.

Well if you buy a small herb like basil for 5.00 and let it grow when spring hits you will have a killer plant that will produce a lot more than 5.00 worth of basil before your seeded plant even gets close to maturing.

All cooks should have all their seasonings being grown in pots.

Fresh basil and rosemary are probably my favorites. If you buy them in the store they are really expensive.

carpentrylai, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    As to content quality: it should be 1. unique (people use all kinds of plagiarism checkers for that) 2. Interesting to read at least for the people in gardening. 3. It's cool if it has some unique pictures or videos.
    You can make content yourself or you can by it at freelancers' sites

Karuna17, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  4. Chandeep Tandon

Chandeep Tandon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The content should actually provide some knowledge to the searcher, and adds to his base it may be simple in language but unique. .

Chandeep Tandon, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You could actually answer your own questions by doing researching. It's not hard; use a search engine obviously, type in terms, view the competition. I assume you are a very good gardener? That would be important.

ryan_uk, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  6. rankempire

rankempire Peon

Best Answers:
    Teach. Try to remember what you knew, what you didn't know, what you wished you knew. Share that, because I am sure there are people who are dealing with the same questions you did in the beginning. Be unique, share your experience.

rankempire, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  7. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Suggested is to hire experienced native Writer and if you can't afford hosting and domain then set the website up on Wordpress.com and they are great in terms of SEO and shows very less Ads.

jazzyjmnote, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  8. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do some research using search engines and social media. When you find something that inspires you, try to write an original take on that subject. From start to finish, the whole process shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes.

David Tile, Jun 12, 2014 IP