1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Build online chat community

Discussion in 'Websites' started by E-Chat, Aug 29, 2013.

Dear Forum,

I have recently started a new chat website, available at www.e-chat.co which is completely free, which does not use flash.

The initial promotion of the website has failed, mainly due to the fact that the nature of the chat website is DYNAMIC, i.e. content posted at any given time is being 'consumed' at the same time, unlike STATIC content, like YouTube video, where once you upload it, others can watch the video at any given time.

Chat rooms need to have people on it at the same time for it to work. This turns out to be a more difficult task than it sounds.

Now, people who liked E-Chat told me that an ideal solution would be to build a widget, which can be embedded onto a website. And so I have built it. Please have a look at www.e-chat.co/widget.jsp for more information.

How do I approach website owners and ask them to embed the widget on their website? This would leverage existing traffic. The main benefit for webmasters is that the traffic is shared, i.e. if 3 websites are using the widget, any message sent from a website is visible to the other websites as well.

Any deeper thoughts on that? I am a loner by heart, and so its very difficult for me to promote stuff, which is very vital for such chat website.
    E-Chat, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's hard to suggest anything of a value, because when I logged in I didn't see a single person there. My gut feeling is your approach is a bit off. The main page, in my view, should be more flashy (and it definitely shouldn't start with just a signup/login page). All the chat categories should be listed on your main page. It should look in the same vein as this site: http://tinychat.com/

Like me or hate me, but I don't think that what you have now is going to work unless you make significant changes (making your site more appealing).

If you decide to implement those changes, you can then push your site through craigslist, backpage, other classifieds and/or forums.
    qwikad.com, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  3. E-Chat

E-Chat Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Qwikad,

Thanks for the answer. This is something we will definitely consider, especially since we are receiving similar answers from other sources.

If anyone else has any advice on how to make webmasters use the widget (www.e-chat.co/widget.jsp) let us know.

Thanks!
    E-Chat, Sep 2, 2013 IP