1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Build a Wordpress Site Step By Step Guide

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by cjbmeb14, Feb 4, 2011.

I have for you free of charge, a wordpress guide from start to finish, how to create a Wordpress site.

It is an Ebook that has been written by me and I am now giving this away.
    You can do anything you like with this Ebook, give it away or even sell it. Just as long as you do not change any of the content.

Please find below the download link from Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gantn5csr6mnr2s 
    PHP:

cjbmeb14, Feb 4, 2011 IP
    Dodger likes this.
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice contribution dude!

I did a quick precursory view of the eBook and looks good. A little lengthy, but still good.

I do have two points that should be reconsidered, and those are permalinks and ping settings. I have yet to write about a new discovery concerning permalinks and server efficiency, but will get to that in due time. The other is you really only need pingomatic for pinging. In the old days it may have been necessary for all of those ping sites, but not now.

Dodger, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  3. cjbmeb14

cjbmeb14 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for your thoughts, I would like to know more about your discovery using permalinks.
    I do take your opinion involving pinging and I did have a long conversation about this with another person, I do feel that the huge lists of pinging sites is quite useful to have.

Yes the Ebook is quite lengthy but I did want to show everything in detail and using a lot of images.

Again thanks for your feedback.

cjbmeb14, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    There are the SEO arguments about whether to use category/postname or just postname. That argument is for another thread, and not what concerns me.

The problem comes with not using an ID number or DATE up front in the permalink itself. This has to do with the way the rewrites are written, and how the database indexes the permalink. With an ID or DATE, they are numeric, and easily index-able and there are less rewrite definitions in the database. Once your posts start climbing, retrieval takes longer and longer, and the rewrite definitions grow post for post.

Dodger, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  5. atnews

atnews Peon

Best Answers:
    it is helpful for every one specially newbies. great step

atnews, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  6. hendra264

hendra264 Banned

Best Answers:
    wow dude...thanks for this... i like a tutorial GBU

hendra264, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  7. cjbmeb14

cjbmeb14 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are welcome, I hope it can be of some great use to you.

cjbmeb14, Feb 5, 2011 IP