1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Build A Niche Store (bans) Faq

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by decodethis, Dec 30, 2007.

1. libra212

libra212 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to try BANS. With the launch of EPN I was able to get accepted into almost all the progams, when previously I was rejected for the U.S. But now I am seeing a lot of complaints about EPN not functioning/tracking properly.

My question is are BANS sites being adversely affected by the change to EPN?
    Secondly, is it worthwhile to get BANS now or is it wiser to wait and see how things work out with EPN?

libra212, May 27, 2008 IP
  2. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    You're probably not interested in losing money, or leaving money on the table. I wouldn't worry about what EPN is or is not doing. I consider BANS to be a terrific platform to use if you're not particularly savvy about programming. There was just a new update, and it's working well, and, IMO, unaffected by EPN other than category # changes which have just been updated in the latest BANS version.

Like any other platform or web design and layout, BANS requires a working knowledge of website development, including the use of unique content and SEO. I'ts a time saver, but, for the long haul, only as good as what you put into it. The real work comes after you have the site up and running, just as with any other site.

I acquired BANS and began working with it just after the first of this year. I've recovered my initial investment many times over. I'm having my best month, so far. Get it now, there's no time to lose.

potentmix, May 27, 2008 IP
  3. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with potentmix. BANS is a site builder that helps you to set up eBay affiliate websites quickly and easily. however, you have to work to make it work.

cylai, May 27, 2008 IP
  4. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree also. It is a solid platform.. But as with ANY tool - it is just a tool. You have do the lifting...

Think of it this way: Does a hammer nail in the nail for you? No. You need to swing it. It's your muscle, combined with the tool, that gets the job done. Learn to use a tool correctly, and you will be happy with the results of the project.

Same holds true here as it does in building a house. :)

purdue512, May 28, 2008 IP
  5. soggy

soggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    BANS works! Plain and simply but you must work it as others have said.

soggy, May 28, 2008 IP
  6. libra212

libra212 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your responses. From what I've read I'm pretty much persuaded that BANS is a good program. But what I am really thinking is BANS is good only for EPN and if EPN is experiencing problems with affiliates, then is this a good time to try BANS. Have not a number of BANS users found that EPN is still not up to scratch?

libra212, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  7. decodethis

decodethis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just received an email from the BANS people today about them working with the PepperJam (www.pepperjamnetwork.com) people to put out a version of BANS that supports that network instead of EPN. The payout looks to be the same rate, but time will tell if it's actually more profitable in the long run.

Like all BANS updates the new code to support the PepperJam Network is free.

decodethis, Jun 10, 2008 IP