1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug internet explorer?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Dirk, Oct 14, 2008.

Hello,

please look at http://www.acmeurope.com/dncs/indexproef.html . I have a white bar above the image in Internet Explorer and a perfect image (no white bar above) in Firefox. What is the bug in Internet Explorer?

Thanks for your help!

Dirk

Dirk, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  2. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    I am on a Mac so I cannot see the problem, however I have one of a few suspicions. For some reason IE doesn't like images shorter than 22px. If your image is shorter than 22px it is creating a 22px box and aligning it at the bottom. The other problem you can have is not floating in image.

LeetPCUser, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  3. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not that IE has any special problems with images less than 22px, but likely its problems with font-size or line-height setting the real height of things (a bug) might cause that with smaller images.

If you mean the biiig image at the top, it might actually be spacing from the bottom of the list instead.

You do have floaties inside your menu. So, see if your white area vanishes after adding overflow: hidden to your menu. I didn't look in IE, so this solution is to a problem which I've also run across-- it was also no a very large white space. If you have a very large white area then it's something else, but still I'd say from the menu.

I just got the IE Developers toolbar and it's quite nice. You can use it to see if the space belongs to the menu (you could also tijdelijk add ugly bg colours to the menu and image to see who the space belongs to).

<!-- This clearing element should immediately follow the #mainContent div in order to force the #container div to contain all child floats --><br class="clearfloat" />

Code (markup):
    GAH! Teh uglies! Ze burn mah eyez!

Stomme poes, Oct 14, 2008 IP