1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying BuddyPress - Profile Field Group Conditional on Registration Type

Discussion in 'Programming' started by wdstuff54, May 25, 2015.

Hi,

I'd like a plugin/custom code for BuddyPress that does the following.

Based on the selection a user makes of a custom field when registering on the site, the correct “Field Group” should appear on their profile (both back-end editing and front-end viewable to the public).

More details:
    On the user registration page, a drop down box called “Account Type” should appear. This should be a custom profile field in the "Base" field group.
    The options would be something like:
    Actor
    Producer
    Director

If a user selects “Actor”, then when they login they should have the “Actor” custom profile field group appear on their profile (both editing on the back-end, and viewable on the front-end. If “Producer” is selected, then the “Producer” custom profile field group should appear, etc.

I don’t want this based on WP role which I’ve seen some people use to solve this. Instead, it should be based on the selection of that initial custom profile field “Account Type” on the registration page.

Thank you.

wdstuff54, May 25, 2015 IP