1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buddy zone script help

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Steveb1976, Apr 17, 2017.

hi i used to run a social network for me and my close friends using a script which was back then unknown to me.(i paid someone to create the site. i now know it was based on buddy zone 1.0. and it was getting a bit dated. well having some issues displaying on some explorers so i decided it was time for an update...
    so i went to freelancer.com and hired a freelancer there to update the site. (make the html compatable with the recent ie, chrome, firefox. but i still wanted the site to look like myspace. the freelancer said ok. and did the update. i paid £600 to the indian developer. as his bid was cheapest. and he did it withing 4 days... i paid, and he then gave me the pass word for the admin section and for the test profile he used .(so he told me). i tried to log into admin panel and got a blank screen. and i tried the email to log into profile as test profile. and it failed and i cant sign us as new perso as the number captch does not display. and same when i try and sign us as muscian.. i get the "err1 or Err3" error on "login",music_signup" and admin. on some exploroers the page seems to revert back to the same page before info added. on others it get the "cant find page" writing. i have checked "conn.php" in admin and includes. and "db-conn" and they are ok. so im guessing its something else. the guy did the upgate on my cpanel and sait it was working. im guessing he bulshited me . and i have just seen 2 days ago that the latest version is 2,9 and the freelancer said he had to pay £400 for the latest version for me , but mine is only 2.0 i challenged him on this. and he said he bought the latest 1 and vastal.. must have sent the wrong one.. i had to lookup vastal to know what he ment( it seems vastal is the company). i told the freelancer i want the licence and ref number so i can conatact vastal and get the correct files and script. and the freelancer said NO as he had to register the new script in his name . and could not transfre the info to me. and he has since deleted his profile there so im stuck with version 2.o and not being able to access it. can anyone help? i asked another freelancer. also from india and they said they were fmailiar with the guy who ripped me of as he has doen it before. and that it would cost me £700 for them to sort. it and i said i can buy a new cript for £400 they told me to get lost and not waiste there time. so i now need desperate help ad my site has lost all my customers and he also accidently deleted my members database. luckily i called my friends and told them they await the new site working...
    p.s i have emailed VASTAL tech 9 times in 5 days and no reply at all :(

Steveb1976, Apr 17, 2017 IP