1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BST changes

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Shoemoney, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that mods should be able to edit itraders , i received just one invalid negative itrader on my time here at dp and it was the same ol' scenario, i gave him a negative itrader for never returning my money (I didn't care about the money its the lies that annoyed the crap out of me) and he gave me a negative itr for giving him a negative itr.

But it doesn't bother me a bit, like i said before the amount of itraders or postcounts does not make a better member, if a member is a scammer he/she will always remain a scammer.

The amount of money a member has doesn't make her/him a better or trusted member either, its the content of his/her nature that you should be more worried about.

Having a "verified" banner means - that member is verified by digitalpoint - i'm strongly against dp playing mommy and daddy here, this is not a good idea.

Gnet, Dec 24, 2007 IP
    Scriptona and NeoGen like this.
  2. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to know and thanks for an update about a possible fix with the BST section.

Thats an interesting thought. Although 100 is leniate. I would bump up to at least 250. But the thing with that is than you would hae a constant bombardment of spammers in other DP forum sections to meet the 100. Someone could get 100 in like 4 days the way I have seen some people post lately. But I guess that is where the 2 week rule could apply(which it does). Maybe a month would be more like it to sell something in the BST.

I believe Chicage said anything under $5 for sell goes in the freebies. And I know it gets crazy going through 3 pages of stumble and digg exchanges. But it can also show how non charitable some DP users can be if it has than many exchanges with only a few freebies.

It would be awesome to see this happen. Also include the VCC.

Helping Al Gore invent the internet.

lpstong, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  3. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:

While I do agree that DP should not act as Mom and Dad, but this could be modified to give a different flavor but essentially this should aim to get following information:

- Paypal email
    - Address, incl street, City, State, Country
    - Any other info that establishes identity of the user

Above information will help in establishing uniqueness of a DP user name/id.

As of now if you look at BST section, you will find tons of newbies and tons of banned account. Most of the banned members return with duplicate account to get banned again.. thanks to active mods they are quickly identified are put in banned club.. but at time they continue without being caught at an early stage..

Classic example is wordpress theme sponsorship, some of the newbie rip other's themes, at time they are caught early at times they are caught at a pretty late stage.. see one example here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=5648726

NeoGen, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  4. falcondriver

falcondriver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if there is a limit of 100 posts, then it means they have to put in some work first before they can scam anyone - and start again at 0 if they got banned. makes no sense for them to spent 2-4 days posting before they can scam someone for $20 then...

falcondriver, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  5. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    The Emirates Gallastico, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  6. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree with banning warez. I don't really have an explanation but it's nice to be free to talk about it if necessary.

I think there should be another forum added to BST for cheap services under $5 so they don't have to be in freebies and confuse new users. Plus iTrader cannot be used in this forum.

terminator69, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  7. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a service that reccomended whether or not you should go ahead with a transaction ?

What do you think would be a fair price for this service ? 15% of the transaction ?

What if the guarentee was that in the event you had been advised to proceed & were scammed, the provider of this service covered your loss. In the event you're advised not to proceed a flat fee of say, $10 is charged for a full report as to why you should not proceed.

joebert, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  8. hasan

hasan Active Member

Best Answers:
    DP Escrow for BST over $500

hasan, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  9. dameon

dameon Peon

Best Answers:
    I highly agree with this post!

dameon, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  10. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Selling warez can be banned however selling warez websites or databases dont need any banning....after all owners of warez sites are also webmasters like us :D

salaxzar, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  11. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Allowing warez helps someone to rip the others work/money and illegal is illegal no matter what.

If you own something and selling it. would you like seeing it being copied over and over and kill your sales ?

Scriptona, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  12. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    Just extremely scummy ones...

The Emirates Gallastico, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  13. Koperama

Koperama Banned

Best Answers:
    Salaxzar is absolutely right.
    DP should ban the selling of warez ( I believe such a rule exists?) but not the sale of warez sites or forums.
    Also, another question arises about advertisement of warez.
    The best way would be to let the mods reach a decision combining all our input.

Koperama, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  14. Mara Linz

Mara Linz Peon

Best Answers:
    100 posts is a good idea, just disable post counting inside forums like Welcome, General Chat, The Underground, and a few others with no real value at all.

You can also enable that "thanks" feature (vBulletin mod) in those forums under "Design and Development" as measure a member's contributions or make of these forums the only enabling members to raise their post count.

Mara Linz, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  15. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    selling warez forums is the same as selling warez. so instead of robbing a bank I just rob the key and give it to you ? :rolleyes:

warez forums make it easier to get warez so it should not be allowed as well.

16. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    DomainMagnate, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  17. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:

who is "the stuff" ?

Shoemoney, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  18. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    'staff'

Most likely.

Agent_Dweeb, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  19. n-james

n-james Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good point. Especially now the below $5.01 has been implemented its filling up quickly.

I think the BST should have:

* FREEBIES - With subsection of Social Bookmarking.
    * Anything Under $10 - Post "Anything" for sale under $10
    * SITES - With subsection of Adult, <$100, $100+
    * DOMAINS - With subsection of Wanted (webmasters demanding a name), Offers Wanted, Fixed Price <$1000, $1000+ (mod's approve 1k plus).

With the following being kept the same as now:

CONTENT
    TEMPLATES
    SERVICES
    LINK EXCHANGE
    LINK SALES
    CONTESTS
    Vouchers

100 post rule sucks, why? because, if i wanted i could post useless junk with a simple copy and paste in the forums 100 times and hit 100 posts.

2 month rule is ok, but its a little too long. Maybe like 30 day rule.

Paid Staff? Why? People are offering it for free, why does shawn need to pay for others, i'm sure he'd find a few more users to become moderators for free too if he wished.

BST hiding is a good idea, it keep it locked out of the scammers eyes and will help to reduce the amount of useless threads and posts inside it.

Regarding 4. Someone made a site "DP SCAMMERS" i saw it in a signature earlier the site is : http://dpscammers.com/ pretty cool too.

Yes all that money exchange is useless and un-worthy to be posted in dp.

This is an excellent suggestion.

Make the negative iTrader system go via a report system like paypal disputes do and the moderators apply negative iTraders on behalf of the user without them getting one back.

This is because, if there was a report system for the trades in digitalpoint, negative iTraders could be applied with the safe knowledge that the user can't give one back after the report has been processed as they were in the right and the scammer wasn't!

n-james, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  20. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think anything that is illegal by common sense should be illegal here as well including

1- digg exchange.
    2- stumble exchange.

and all such things that are violating any TOS and considered illegal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.