1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Browser Cookies Vs security concerns

Discussion in 'Security' started by CYCchips, Oct 15, 2014.

i know browser cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. But my question is If i delete browsing history including cookies,,Is that mean my affiliate programs(sites) not remember my referral id any more??what are disadvantages of deleting browser cookies daily as an affiliate. Thanks you

CYCchips, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You delete cookies from your own browser - as long as the users clicking links either use a specific url with your id in it, or have a cookie on their computer / browser with your id, the links will be ok.
    However, if you have cookies in your browser that includes some ID that should be kept, you will delete this if you delete all cookies.
    Why do you want to delete cookies? Better you install some sort of browser extension that lets you allow / disallow cookies based on domain or similar.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  3. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    You have the option to keep the passwords saved or logins saved in your browser and delete the rest.

usemyteam, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  4. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks So what kind of ID with including Cookies should i keep,,specifically,,i mean if i am a affiliate and the company wants to keep records about my affiliate transactions,,or if i delete cookies is their possibility to not get paid ,,,but most of companies ask only 60 day cookies somthing like that,,please explain still need help????!! and please give some names of extensions (chrome) that can use for this matter thanks...

CYCchips, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  5. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    Most browsers today come with the default setting that cookies only talk to the originating web site. This came as the result of security concerns raised by many of cookies stealing private info.

jasmeencress, Nov 11, 2014 IP