1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Browse a website from my cpanel/hosting account?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Melloweitsj, Jan 22, 2015.

I got access to an oddsfeed, but I can only access it from the IP of my hosting account (where I will run a script to fetch the necessary feeds). Is there any way to browse the site through my cpanel or somehow through this IP address?

Melloweitsj, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  2. zacharooni

zacharooni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You definitely don't want to browse another site while logged into cPanel with credentials, because it could very easily take over your account with the right javascript. See if your provider will allow you to use an SSH tunnel as a SOCKS5 proxy to browse the site in question.

zacharooni, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  3. Melloweitsj

Melloweitsj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great - I hadn't heard about SSH tunneling before. I had the option to use that on my shared hosting at HostGator and I were able to connect to it through my Mac terminal, but I can't get it working when I change it to the SOCKS5 proxy. Internet just dies and I am not able to visit any website(s). You have any idea where I could go wrong?

I wrote in: ssh -p 2222
    Maybe I need some other info here?
    Also, I used both localhost and 127.0.0.1, and ports 2222, 9090, 8080 and some others I found when googling in my system preferences, but nothing works.

Melloweitsj, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  4. zacharooni

zacharooni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is subject to SSH configuration on the host allowing tunneling, which most don't.

zacharooni, Feb 1, 2015 IP