1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Broadband Notes section?

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by steve35, Jun 16, 2004.

Shawn, how are you? We would like to add a comment box on our web interface signup page. I think we would like to use the Broadband notes section to write these comments too. I am using the code below, but cannot get it to write to this field in OG. What am I doing wrong here?

<input type="text" name="Broadband Notes" value="[FMP-Field: Customer ID Validation::Notes, Break]">

steve35, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The broadband fields (or any field within the default Optigold web interface) are limited to the fields they come pre-defined with. It *is* possible to modify the web interface to add new fields, but ultimately you would need to redevelop it from the ground up (at least mostly), as you would not be able to use any of the scripts within the -Script tag that is currently used.

digitalpoint, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  3. steve35

steve35 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, so can you reccommend a field we can use to write comments too directly from ht eonline signup page?

steve35, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could do it to one of the user definable fields (the miscellaneous ones). It would be ugly within the normal interface since it shows as a drop-down field, but you could use the Replace function (under the Scripts menu) to move it to whatever field you wanted after the fact.

That would the easiest (but less efficient in the long term) way of doing it.

5. steve35

steve35 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, do you know the line limit for the misc fields?

steve35, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe through the web interface it's 255 characters.