1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Britecorp Linking Program

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Extranet Guy, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    I would not have yet expected anything to happen quite as yet, all things being plain sailing - but the big problem is that it hasn't been plain sailing at all.

The whole network was not initally indexed when links were set up, and getting it fully indexed is proving a major issue which I am really pushing hard on. Obviously, though, pushing is not enough - people expect results - and if they don't get any results, then clients will obviously question whether the advertising service is worth paying for, if it shows to be of little benefit to themselves.

Either way, I think the 2 months is fair - if you don't see any movement by then, I am going to have to look at some very serious options for keeping everybody satisfied.

I. Brian, Oct 11, 2004 IP
  2. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback Brian.

mnemtsas, Oct 11, 2004 IP
  3. randfish

randfish Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm excited - it looks to me like GG is just one level away from spidering the pages and I think it will have a dramatic impact in the long term. I wish it didn't take quite so long, but it's still a very reasonable service, even if you factor in the fact that it takes 3-4 months to start seeing results.

Keep up the great work Brian. I'd personally love to see more variety added to the formatting and html of the pages so they don't appear so similiar...

randfish, Oct 11, 2004 IP
  4. msweiger

msweiger Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

I discovered the Britecorp linking service during some SEO article reading and I also just read through this entire thread in this forum. Earlier today I had submitted an enquiry to Brian about the service, and, Brian, if you are reading this, most of the questions I asked you in my enquiry have been answered in this very candid thread.

It has been about 3 weeks since the last post to thread, and I wondered if the pages with Britecorp links have been fully indexed by Google yet. One of my concerns in my enquiry was whether all those links pages would get indexed. Any updates? Is anybody who has signed up with the service seeing backlinks? Anyone seeing better SERPs?

Thanks for any info,
    Mark
    Dax Stores

msweiger, Oct 28, 2004 IP
  5. randfish

randfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Mark - Mine have been indexed about 1/3 by Google, but the new MSN Techpreview found every last one - I'm showing 10,000+ links from their link: command... Awesome.

Brian's also pointed some PR to those pages, so I'm fairly excited about them actually passing some importance along with relevance, etc.

All in all, I'm extremely impressed. I wouldn't even call the pages pure spam - they have reasonable content and a few of the links took me to some sites I'm considering advertising with...

randfish, Oct 28, 2004 IP
  6. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    randfish , this is great for you. Mine , nothing. I have been with program since the very beginning.....my link: command doesn't show the same as yours.

will check with brian.

vorapolpanya, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  7. I. Brian

Best Answers:
    If I may, Google was being extremely slow in indexing the sites on the network. Google appears very reluctant to index very low PR pages within any reasonable time frame. Once I realised this was the case, I started pumping a lot of PR into the network, and a very large number of links from respectable pages (think: heavy DMOZ linkage), and indexing has accelerated since.

Around 10-30% of the network is now fully indexed by Google, depending upon which theme clients are in. Which means that every client has *at least* 1000 on-topic backlinks from the network being processed by Google. These backlinks will have a higher PageRank than I originally intended, but this is all to the benefit of clients.

I would caution that this does not mean to see you should expect to see major PageRank boosts due to the backlinks - it has never been the intention to "deal in PR", but simply in general anchor text benefits. What higher PR on the pages means, though, is that the backlinks can be expected to have a greater degree of impact.

Because of the PageRank, and number of links, now pointing into the network, I do expect 80% indexing of the network pages over the next 4 weeks, by Google at least.

AltaVista has also indexed just under 10% of the network, and this should also increase substantially over the next 4 weeks.

MSN has around 10% indexed in many themes, but once it sniffs at URLs long enough, the new MSN bots just dive in hungry and grab everything they can. Because of this, I would expect to see MSN index comparably to Google over the next 4 weeks.

I do sincerely appreciate the frustrations clients may have with the pace of progress so far, but I can assure everybody I am doing everything I can to try and ensure that clients do see positive effects - and a significant impact on rankings - sooner rather than later.

The problem is simply that we have to work at a search engines pace, and search engines have billions of pages to index - and the sheer number of pages and links involved with the network means that it has taken a while for search engines to pick up the content.

However, now that everything is moving faster, clients should expect to see first results once the various search engines have updated their indices accordingly.

I would also like to point out that once the network is fully indexed, I will be raising the pricing significantly for all new sign-ups.

All existing clients will see no increase in fees, however, and they will keep their heavily discounted pricing for the 10,000 on-topic links across 100 themed domains, as a special thank you for their patience and loyalty.

I do sincerely intend to prove that client trust has been well placed.

I. Brian, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep up the good work I,Brian :D

GuyFromChicago, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  9. msweiger

msweiger Peon

Best Answers:
    Likewise I say keep up the good work, Brian. Please let me know about my enquiry to you.

Your observation about increasing the PR to get the pages crawled is exactly what I have also observed with a large 1000+ page site I have. I have managed to get the entire site crawled by rasing the PR of subdirectory pages and one other technique: Find some high ranking blogs that get indexed constantly and, assuming they allow it, put links to the subdirectories that need to be crawled in blog entries that you write. Make sure you have something relevant to say in you blog entries. This really works well. Pages get crawled within the day.

Mark
    Dax Stores

msweiger, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  10. I. Brian

Best Answers:
    Just to let you all know - I just ran a check, and it appears that Google has now indexed a minimum of 90% of the network. :)

I. Brian, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  11. Catfish

Catfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Its possible to get banned from Yahoo from "overagressive" link exchanges with non related sites. As long as all the sites are related it shouldn't be a problem.

Catfish, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  12. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    What evidence of that do you have?

GuyFromChicago, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  13. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    An update please from anyone, seeing any benefits. Is it better to stick with the free cooperative network?

l234244, Nov 7, 2004 IP
  14. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in to see if anyone has seen direct value from the Britecorp Linking Program, but I don't see why it is either or with the coop plan. I'm sure you can do both.

compar, Nov 7, 2004 IP
  15. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think I made myself clear earlier, what I would like to know is if anyone has done a comparison of the results from the free coop network compared with the results of the paid britecorp links. Both have tremendous potential and I seem to hear more positives from the coop advertising than the britecorp. Now that google has indexed 90% of the britecorp network I would expect the benefits to be kicking in and good SERP movement.

l234244, Nov 7, 2004 IP
  16. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    Time for an update, it's been a month since the last one.

Here's the KW's and variations that britecorp is linking for me:

timesheets (67 wordtracker searches/day) - last update:12, this update:10
    time sheet (53 wordtracker searches/day)- last update ranking nowhere, this update:22
    time sheets (186 wordtracker searches/day)- last update ranking no where, this update:33 :eek:
    time sheets software (37 wordtracker searches/day)- last update ranking no where, this update: 4

So I'm really starting to see some benefit now! :D Note that none of these KW are really that competitive so ymmv. As an aside I'm also seeing some good movement in KW I'm targetting on this page through conventional recip linking, I'd suspect some of the movement is coming from the weight given by the britecorp linking program.

I'd say that at the moment it's $100 aussie a month well spent!

mnemtsas, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  17. PhilipB

PhilipB Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure is a good deal. The Co-op ad + the linking program = good SE placement.

PhilipB, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I didn't think yahoo even paid attention

Blogmaster, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  19. I. Brian

Best Answers:
    Sincerely glad to see you reporting movement, Mark. :)

To be honest, though, I'm not convinced that the new network has yet properly kicked in - I'm expecting more of a coming shift in rankings. :)

I. Brian, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  20. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    keep up the good work Brian:)

I'm looking forward to seeing a favor result...:)

vorapolpanya, Nov 18, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.