1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Britecorp Linking Program

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Extranet Guy, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Does anyone have any experience with these guys? http://www.britecorp.co.uk/search-engine-optimisation/link-building/

They have a seemingly ridiculous offer of 50 links per day for only 40 pounds/mo. The links use your anchor text and are generally low-PR, low-traffic pages. They claim to use different IP blocks and avoid the SE filters, and they respond sensibly to potential concerns about them.

Normally, I'd just discount this as a scam/worthless, but I believe that Compar has recommended them on his site. [Compar - can you shed any light on these guys?]

A separate question -- let's assume these guys are legit...do I need to be concerned about adding so many new links so quickly? I only have a couple hundred backlinks currently; adding 1500 in a month seems like it might trip some filter.

Extranet Guy, Jul 12, 2004 IP
    hurricane_sh likes this.
  2. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    would love to hear about this link building service as well. Can a site get banned/penalized by google for using this service?

I reluctant to go with this. sicne it seems scam , 50 links/day from non active /old sites.

Personally, If various sites link to my site. I doubt whehter I can be penalized. since it's a one way link and i have no control on others linking to me.

any inputs from expert??

vorapolpanya, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Foxy, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's on the up & up, I,Brian has answered all my questions satisfactorily.

I'm going to subscribe to his service…I've just been going back and forth about the keyword/site combo I'm going to use.

Due to how they are spreading out the links, I don't see any way that participation in their program could cause anyone to be penalized by the search engines.

GuyFromChicago, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  5. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    Hi all -

And thanks for the comments. :)

In simple talk, site pages needs links to rank well, and we provide basic links in number.

Will your *site* be penalised? No.

However, the *links* themselves will almost certainly be hit by the Google Sandbox. What this means is because there is a significant number of links being created in a short time, it'll trip the Sandbox and the effect of the links will be delayed by around 12-14 weeks. So you shouldn't be able to see any effect for around 3 months.

After this time the links kick in, and the Google rankings will be impacted.

Ideally, this service is best suited for sites looking to increase general search engine traffic, as well as targeting low to medium competitive keywords. Earlier experiments with local companies have shown that good commercial search terms can be conquered via our link-building alone. Prospects for long-term ranking for more competitive keywords also looks good.

However, do be warned that if highly competitive search terms are being targeted, then in the short to mid-term, for best effect, our link-building should really be used as a complimentary weapon in addition to other SEM campaigns: such as text-link advertising, large-scale link swapping, or even full blown customised SEO IBLN's.

Our link-building service by itself is being promoted to make our general SEM services more accessible to a wider range of people. We have a good list of local companies as clients, but we see our future as building up an international client base.

It *is* an offer, though - the price will certainly go up for new clients after July of this year (existing clients will keep with their offer pricing).

Anyway, hope that helps - feel free to ask any more questions - though as I have a couple of big jobs on at the moment, e-mail is probably the best method of contact. :)

Best regards,

Brian
    http://www.britecorp.co.uk

I. Brian, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I have known Brian for a year or more. He was a moderator on the IMR forum -- now V7 forum -- when I first joined. We got along very well and I thinks he is one of the more ethical people on the Internet.

I have taken advantage of his buy 5 and get one free offer and I'm just waiting to see the results.

If anyone is interested there is a special promotional code at the end of this InfoPool Article. If you quote it to Brian when you inquire, or email him, he will give you some additional bonus or freebie.

compar, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  7. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    I, Brian what if you want to dip your toe in the pond? For my site having 40 links per day added for a month seems to shout warning bells to me. My site has only 25 or so PR4+ links with a few hundred <PR4 and I would be worried that such a sudden surge would get me blacklisted.

So any chance of say a weeks worth, wait a month to make sure I don't get whacked, and then the rest later?

This is definitely a service I'm interested in as link building is the major part of basic SEO that I've failed miserably at. :(

Look forward to hearing from you,

mnemtsas, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  8. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I seriously don't think anybody is going to get "blacklisted". The worst that might happen is that all the links will go into the sandbox and you won't see any result for 3 or 4 months.

Google is not in the business of blacklisting site. They are looking for relevance and if they think that some links are artifical they may not give them any value, but they aren't going to blacklist you. The worst case scenario is that you might not be any further ahead.

Why don't you all just sit on your hands. I submitted 5 sites. I'm going to submit a 6th in the next couple of days. I'll report back in a month and tell you how I'm making out.

compar, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  9. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    No if'n a respected member like you is happy to submit 6 sites, then I'm happy to take a breath and dive in.

mnemtsas, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    It's worth a shot if nothing else. I'm in too.

GuyFromChicago, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  11. I. Brian

Best Answers:
    I honestly don't know of any system in search engines that will automatically penalise links to a site. It's who you link to that has always been the problem.

The only possible penalty is the Google Sandbox - but even then, the site is not penalised - the links are merely sidelined as having no real effect, until after about 3 months, when they are given full credence.

Personally, I strongly suspect that the Google Sandbox exists at least in part to try and dampen the text-link advertising market.

However, link-building is a fact of SEO - I have reverse engineered a few highly competitive sites to see where they actually got their links from. Basic link-building is one tactic, though I've personally tried to make the system a little more sophisticated than others, to try and get better effect.

I. Brian, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  12. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    sound great after hearing from all of you:) so i did try. starting with one keyword for one of my sites.

it's only been less than a week. too early to see improvement:)

However, It's would be nice for customers to see is some kind of reports.
    I would love to see it badly especially people i am working with , they want to see what's running, where are more backlinks?

customers want to see the text links are listing on various sites.

right now,i can only check by waiting till next yahoo/google update after they crawl and index the sites. then i can check with link:domain.com to see more backlinks.:)

the ranking surely not updated yet...how do we know the links are growning , 50/day. currently, the report is not present.

anyway, already tried...will see what happens..will update you all:)

vorapolpanya, Jul 21, 2004 IP
  13. I. Brian

Best Answers:
    Indeed, you are right - I'm keeping link logs now if anyone wishes to query the service, but my primary concern is to protect client confidentiality.

I'm also evolving the service into an extremely widespread self-administered network of domains in individual C class IP blocks - and introduce theming with it. I'll also offer full monthly reports with this system. Should make for a much improved service. All current clients will be upgraded with the system.

Also, please note that the offer price is now ended - the service now retails at £79.95. Existing link-building campaigns are not affected by this price rise.

I. Brian, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  14. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi Brian, I am holding back a little from this service it seems to good to be true. I guess the system is automated, and google tends not to like stuff like this. I would need more details about the links that you are pointing to my site, like do they have PR and are they theme related? If they have no PR and are irrelevant in theme then it may be more value paying for a PR5-6 link for a couple of months? At the end of the month are all the links taking down if you stop the service? Im guessing if they have low PR, then there aint many links pointing to that site. Without a lot of links pointing to them then the chance of googlebot coming along and indexing the links is reduced. Brian do you have an example link page of where you have added links from a site? just curious.

Sorry for asking so many questions but alot of people have been stung in the past, and if this is all legitimate it looks like a service that will be very helpful to webmasters.

l234244, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  15. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    You need to actually read his other posts and his website…do some research. He's already answered every you've question asked.

It's not an automated system by the way.

GuyFromChicago, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  16. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    GuyfromChicago calm down, ill ask your permission the next time I wanna ask a question or two. All I was suggesting was how does a non automated system add so many links for so little money everyday?(anyone else thinking that) i know brian aint going to give the secret away as this could be a very profitable project. I'm just suggesting for people to wait till they see some results before joining up. It seems silly everyone joining up only to find out that there is some flaw in the system which google can pick up on and ban sites using them. I am not telling people not to join up as Brian seems very approachable, he has came here and answered questions.

l234244, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  17. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    all you have to do is check brians backlinks to see where they most likely come from

its takes like 2 seconds of investigation

ferret77, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  18. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    lol, all I was saying is he has already answered your questions - in this thread - besides the obvious "tell me how you're doing it" question. Maybe he will answer that, but most businesses don't talk to much about exactly how they do things. That's like helping the competition.

GuyFromChicago, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  19. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the idea ferret77. i will try:)

vorapolpanya, Jul 22, 2004 IP
  20. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, are we missing the point here?

Surely you need links to your site from relevant pages?

i.e. A link to your site selling bicycles from a site selling calculators, is surely worthless?

Can this site guarantee that the sites that link to you are coming from relevant sites?

ITC, Jul 23, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.