1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Brinkster Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by camjohnson95, Dec 14, 2013.

I have hosted my websites with Brinkster for as long as I can remember, but the last year or so it has gone down the drain. I have had multiple outages and to top that they introduced a $1 monthly fee per email address! This increases my bill from $19/mo to $49/mo. A major difference. How they can do this to all of their existing customers has got me stumped and I hope they lose a lot of business for this.

Does anyone else use Brinkster and has found the same?

I have wanted to change for a long time but it is a lot of work as I host multiple websites for different people and would have to contact each one of them to help them change their email settings to suit the new host.

I have started using Arvixe web hosting for my new websites and have found them great. Their control panel gives you a lot more control than Brinkser, their support is great and they have heaps of software ready to install. A lot better price as well. Eventually, I will attempt to move all of my websites to Arvixe and be rid of Brinkster for good.

camjohnson95, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It happens. Costs go up, etc., and since you are not on a contract they can change the price as they see fit. Of course, they are likely to lose business for it. Sounds like a bad business decision for sure.

WSWD, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  3. camjohnson95

camjohnson95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Correct. I would understand a yearly increase in the monthly fee. But this is just a straight up grab for money. Pure greed on their behalf.

camjohnson95, Dec 17, 2013 IP