1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bring more traffic to my site

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by GUYBAR123, Nov 9, 2016.

Hello everyone,

I built my e-commerce site two months ago. The first month i designed it and contact suppliers and didn't try to bring traffic to my site.
    Last month i opened Fb, Ig and Pinterest. I worked on them, some with more success and some with less ( Ig 1500 Followers, Fb 50, Pin 100). I publish my products there , and tried facebook ads also. with no much success with these. I've got two affiliates that don't bring me traffic. Also i have a little blog on my site but it seems like it doesn't help. I see that people here earn huge traffic in short time , my peak was 30-40 visitors in one day , but most of the time is around 10 include me. It is not enough to know if my site is bad or my products are cost too much.
    how can i improve my traffic? for more traffic and more targeted?
    Share more content on my site? SEO? Try to learn more about Fb and google ads?? I think that i miss the last part of the puzzle and im little bit confused...

Thank You

GUYBAR123, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like you're doing much marketing. But look also into the products that you have--are they the ones that people really need? Or are your posts talking to the right people? Knowing your market will help. Just because you have presence on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media doesn't mean you will have sales at once. You might be targeting the wrong people. If your products are for home improvement, but your Facebook contacts are all in the medical field, it would be difficult to actually get sales from them. Pair your products with the right market.

Milliardo, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  3. GUYBAR123

GUYBAR123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think my audience could be more targeted. Thanks for the quick response.

GUYBAR123, Nov 10, 2016 IP
  4. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How will you make it more targeted?

Gagsburg, Nov 10, 2016 IP
  5. Ultimative Tech

Ultimative Tech Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Gagsburg,
    Please let me know about you on page search engine optimization. what have you done on on page optimization ?
    Your title, description and keywords are correct or according to the rules or not?
    Secondly you have done a good work on social media optimization but off page optimization is also necessary and very helpful for get more traffic.
    Thirdly may be your product price is higher than market.
    please send me your website link then I will tell you the problem.

Ultimative Tech, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  6. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    seems you are doing efforts to promote your site .I advised you to use to share customer experience on the fb page ,share your products as much as possible with the followers .Try to lure customers by doing promotion of the sale and the sale type should be different from others because sale word is beneficial for both the end .

wanessmark, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  7. ericastone

ericastone Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hi there, it seems like u have been trying very hard to get traffic to come but that shouldn't be the way in IM world.
    The traffic should come naturally as so we call targetted traffic and SEO is the only way for it...
    If you are not familar with SEO, i suggest you go to the SEO forum here and read up... Otherwise u can always hire experts to kickstart your SEO to bring huge traffic to your site, after that try to learn from these experts on how they do it... would recommend you some SEO services here that i highly recommend... http://pickyourcraft.com/seo-packages/

ericastone, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  8. Pradeep Mehrotra

Pradeep Mehrotra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Follow heavy hyperlink and Back link approach ,this may be suitable heavily in India

Pradeep Mehrotra, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  9. Aman chaurasia

Aman chaurasia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to start on with email marketing if you want to increase traffic to your website. Email marketing is one of the best marketing channel as it produces quick results and does not even burn your pocket. Here are few reasons that will say why email marketing is important for e-commerce business.
    • Improved Email Open Rate
      Due multichannel email delivery system, the email open rate also increases to a large extent. Email infrastructure plays a great role when it comes to high email delivery and open rate. Only through correct incorporation and implementation of technology improves email inbox deliverability and open rate as well.

• Automates Email List Segmentation
      This is a great feature. Hybrid email marketing solution enables email marketer to automatically generate a new segment inside the existing email list. This helps them to predefine the email list segmentation based on different conditions and in future they can use this segmentation to send email campaigns to different categories based on the customer’s interest in a particular product.

• Cut Down Email Marketing Budget
      Hybrid email marketing solution is great for small and medium business. The use of most efficient and suitable relay servers out of numerous SMTPs, serves at their best thereby increasing your mail deliverability rate to a large extent and thus improving the overall ROI for your email marketing campaign.

• Increases website Traffice
    Since, your emails will allow your subscribers to know more about your brand and it's products and services, chances are high that your website traffic will also increase as your subscribers might be interested to know more about your brand.

Aman chaurasia, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  10. Pradeep Mehrotra

Pradeep Mehrotra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    IN SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION TECHNIQUE OPT FOR BACK LINK APPROACH AND CONTACT THE WEBSITE WHERE THERE IS PROBABILITY OF OPTING THE SAME

Pradeep Mehrotra, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  11. GUYBAR123

GUYBAR123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone.I wrote everything.
    In addition i hired a writer for my blog. Do you think it is a smart move when i dont have sales? i would like to hear you thoughts.

GUYBAR123, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  12. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having a blog might help. It could attract more people especially if you discuss about your products.

Milliardo, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  13. mikebkim

mikebkim Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! Driving shoppers to your eCommerce business takes time and effort. Below I have a few tips to try and help you out.

Onsite Marketing Platform for Commerce - Great marketing platform to capture valuable data on your customers.

What is your mission?

Think about the story you want to tell when a customer visits your site. Customers want to feel connected and want to spend their hard earned money on products they trust. Is your site layout easy to follow?

Understand Customer Pain Points

What problem are you solving for the customer? Make sure you clearly state what you sell and why.

SEO

Optimizing for search engines is a great way to bring more traffic to your site. Research keywords around your products to ensure you’re maximizing your efforts to land on the first page of search engine results pages (SERP).

Check out this blog for more details: How to Search Engine Optimize the Product Page for Higher eCommerce Sales

Rating and Reviews

Building trust is a great way to drive more traffic to your site. Most customers read reviews before they ultimately decide to purchase from an online store. Make sure you have the option for customers to leave reviews. It is also a great way to boost SEO in a positive direction.

Retargeting

Customer data is extremely important to the success of your store. Knowing who your customers are (Demographic and Psychographic information) can produce successful results for not only site traffic, but sales as well!

Once you’ve collect data on your customers, you can start to retarget them with ads on social media/websites that are specific to them. You’ll have more personalized ads for customers who you know are interested in your products.

Customer Loyalty

Building loyalty is like laying down the foundation for your business. If customers do not trust you, your business will crumble. Fast. Send some promotional campaigns to your loyal customers. Be sure to segment your customers into lists so you know who your loyal customers are.

Personalization

Personalize as much as possible. This doesn’t just apply to emails. You can communicate through social media, setup personal message banners from cookies on your site, etc. If you have the chance to reference customers by name, do so.

Overall, listen to what your customers have to say. You can ask them to write reviews or take surveys to find out what you’re doing well and where you can make some changes.

Hope this helps!

mikebkim, Jan 16, 2017 IP
  14. sinGN

sinGN Member

Best Answers:
    forum posting, blog posting, social media channels helps you to increase the traffic to the site.

sinGN, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  15. Gias_Accessories

Gias_Accessories Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been trying to figure out all this E commerce stuff, so far this is where i am at so far....... I have built my E commerce store www.giasaccessories.com, I made it through Shopify using Oberlo to import my products from AliExpress. OK.......

Now I have My "Personal" Facebook account With now a Facebook fan page for Gia's accessories."trying to max out my friends list". I am Using Facebook ad manager to create ads to run for $5 a day targeted at the correct demographic on Facebook Instagram OK.......

On twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube all day promoting my commercial I made with ads with all sorts of deals free stuff just shipping cost all that stuff. OK.... I have spent about $200 on marketing and site setup cost in the past month but have only made a couple sales :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated My Web Site Is www.giasaccessories.com

I really want to make this work because in my life situation working from home is a must for me. So If anyone wants to work together let me know. Direct Message me @ https://www.facebook.com/mike.munifo.3

Thank you,

One of my commercials I made and have bin advertising

Gias_Accessories, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  16. Kripa Aggarwal

Kripa Aggarwal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ecommerce sites have more traffic. So it takes time to get traffic to our websites. You can do SEO, SMO for this. Atleast 3 months is required for get google ranking.

Kripa Aggarwal, Feb 23, 2017 IP
  17. daronch

daronch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to start a blog and post articles related to your product. This may bring more search engine traffic.

You can also post to Facebook groups and market in other social networks, such as Linkedin, Stumbleupon, Google+ etc.

Also, do some video marketing if possible. Hope this helps.

daronch, Feb 26, 2017 IP
  18. Teja Devaru

Teja Devaru Peon

Best Answers:
    @Gias_Accessories. I took a quick look at your website and here are few observations:

#1. I selected this product which was on the main page. Once I go to product detail page, I noticed recommendations from Amazon. Clicking on this takes me to Amazon website. Link: https://www.giasaccessories.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/strapped-one-piece
    - You are doing lot of marketing using FB, Instagram once a customer comes to your website, you do you want to provide him a exit to another store especially Amazon. You would want the customer to view recommendations from your own website.

#2. There are usability features that could be improved. Just to name a few:
    - Product filters are limited and some doesn't make sense. Arrange alphabetically or by date doesn't make sense. Also default is by Alphabet. By default it should be by price. Other facets that customers in addition to price is brand names, ratings, price range.
    - Clicking on a product image, shows big blue "View button". Instead of this action button, you could probably allow them to zoom on hover over and view the image. Or remove the "View" as it obstructs the view of the product or move it to the bottom.

Teja Devaru, Feb 27, 2017 IP
  19. Jon vaughn

Jon vaughn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
      1. Invite Others to Guest Blog on Your Site.
      2. Start Guest Blogging.
      3. Target Long-Tail Keywords
      4. Pay Attention to On-Page SEO
      5. Write Irresistible Titles
      6. Get Social
      7. Promote your website

Jon vaughn, Feb 28, 2017 IP