1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  2. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

Brewii - Journal, Updates and Discussion

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Ripped, Dec 2, 2008.

Because of so much drama and the off topic discussion on my last thread, I decided to get it closed, and start a fresher and more positive thread.
    I hope the negative comments didn't scare away many affiliates, because there are money to be made in this niche.

I had a discussion with the guy that wrote the guide, and a few other knowleadgable people as well, and I conclude what I've done wrong, and that is:

-I have created a incoherent sales text that might misled people that they're actually buying a software. I will change that. I will clarify that they're buying a pdf guide, along with associated software. I should have it modified in the next 24 hours.
    -I have added a legal disclaimer that I don't own the software provided, and that it's under the GNU License.

I didn't want to piss anyone off, or break the TOS, my mistakes were caused out of ignorance, If I had known, I would've had done it, you live and learn, that's how it is.
    The pdf guide provided is 100% authentic and does the job as it says it will.

The sales weren't affected negatively by the hate talk, Today it seems like I'm gonna have the best day for this product.
    However, I think CB might be having some tracking issues, or something like that . Because I'm seeing an unusally high number of sales without an affiliate.

I would like to suggest all affiliates not to get scared away, all successful niches are controversial.

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  2. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    my sales died completely after all that. was looking at 1:13. nothing for 2 days now.

my blog copped it hard out. nearly 1000 visits from nosey gamers alone! lol.

if you can sort out your page i might consider jumping back on. maybe dont even host the software? but i think there needs to be more discretion on here regarding product names etc. keep DP out of google imo.

mill123, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  3. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you might even want to consider rebranding. Google is scattered with download links to the full package. search the product name, its a shambles.

mill123, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  4. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that CB has issues today as I said, because almost half of my sales are without an affiliate. I usually have 5-10% of the sales without an affiliate so I don't know what the deal is.
    I'm going to work on the sales page.

Things are only gonna get better, it was a big buzz from the other gamers about this, however after a day or two, they get bored, the buzz goes down, and everything comes back to normal.

I haven't seen any of the DP threads about this product ranking on google. If people would do more promotion, rank for keywords and do SEO, only the positive ones will stay high at Google, because the ones posting negative comments don't know how to rank on google.

Sales text is going to be revised in the next 24 hours.

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  5. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not much of a problem, the product is aimed for noobs, and people like this won't be capable of finding it for free. Not that much of a concern. Water4gas was all over the torrents and yet it had almost a gravity od 1000.
    This is not aimed at the techy users.

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  6. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah CB is deffo having hoplink issues. just tested out. 2 out of the 6 i tested showed no affiliate.

F*#@#@ gives me the irrates!

mill123, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's weird, I tried a few hoplinks for my product in different browsers and it worked, does this happen with all products?

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  8. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    no, and its off an on. actually it has happened with most. only in firefox tho it seems.

ran in IE and it was fine. this is from my work machine. also has done it before from home.

might record a video to send to CB hah! i can get it to do it probably one in 3 times.

mill123, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  9. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That might explain the large number of sales without an affiliate today

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  10. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    this has been happening for a few weeks tho. i have posted about it before.

mill123, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  11. CREDITiv

CREDITiv Peon

Best Answers:

I have noticed huge tracking issues. I should have well over 100 hops, but only showing 14! What a joke!

CREDITiv, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  12. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe clickbank will update the sales and hops later on. I had one time 3 sales credited without an affiliate, and the next day there was affiliate credited to them, but you can never know what exactly happens

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  13. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    that seems inline with what they did last week or whenever. they credited the sales with 48 hours of noticing a problem.

mill123, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  14. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's good to hear that you got it all sorted out with those other guys and you have done well to take on some of their advice and make changes, that way everyone wins.

terryd, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  15. natj

natj Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Ripped

I sent about 90 hops to the salespage a day ago but looks like bad tracking has screwed things up :mad:

Let me know when you make your changes... If possible, a copy of the revised product package would be appreciated.

I need to promote this as objectively as I can.

Thanks!

natj, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  16. inzpiration

inzpiration Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well done Ripped, yeah, glad you opened a new thread and actually consider the advice from the other thread, ;)

inzpiration, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  17. shand0

shand0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wait for more affiliate tools, landing pages, PPC campaigns etc...

shand0, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  18. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gravity has rose even more today it's 18.61 right now.

I have just woke up and I'm ready to get working, I'm hoping to get all things done today.
    I pointed out the previous thread about this product to the guy that's writing the guide and taking care of the technical support, there was a lot of drama from the people from gbatemp, but at one of the posts, one of the gbatemp guys made a good point, about the guide having room for improvement .

Since I don't know much on the subject, I discussed this issue with the guy who wrote the guide, and he admitted to me, that although this guide works, it is a bit outdated, i.e it's a working method, but not the most up-to-date method. Since yesterday he is working on a completely new guide, this guide will be much better than the previous one

@natj
    I will send you a review copy of the revised product as soon as it's finished

@terryd and inzpiration
    Thanks for the support, I try to learn from my mistakes, fix them, and improve. I'm trying to create a win-win situation for everyone: The customers, the affiliates and me.

@shand0
    That will be done also, I'm working on it, should have more stuff in the next couple of days.

EDIT: Just checked the stats today, all sales so far are with an affliate, one affiliate has even got 4 sales so far so early in the day, seems like CB tracking problem has been fixed, because yesterday I had an unusally high number of sales without an affiliate.

Ripped, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  19. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Ripped. the site is down. I made 1 sale this morning but was checking something and your site isnt showing up now. I clicked your sig and it doesnt connect either

domainiac, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  20. shand0

shand0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is working with me

shand0, Dec 3, 2008 IP