1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

breadcrumb_hover_background_color not working?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by christianweb, Jul 4, 2012.

See the attached image.... I'm not sure what you call that part of the navigation.. is it the breadcrumb navigation? Anyway some themes (such as this example that I attached) have a cool hover over effect like you see there (look at "Main Forum Part 2" in the breadcrumb navigation or whatever you call it).

How can I get that effect?

I tried setting "breadcrumb_hover_background_color" under Theme Manager in the Style Variable Editor (I thought for sure that would do it), but that didn't do anything. I'm trying to achieve the hover over effect that you see in the attached image.

Can someone tell me how to do what I'm trying to do?

Attached Files:

christianweb, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  2. christianweb

christianweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay I think I figured it out. For some reason, this style variable breadcrumb_hover_background_color isn't actually used anywhere in any of the CSS templates. So basically, in addition to setting that style variable breadcrumb_hover_background_color, you have to also add within additional.css something like this:

.breadcrumb .navbit a:hover {
    	background:{vb:stylevar breadcrumb_hover_background_color};
    	color:{vb:stylevar breadcrumb_link_hover_color};
    	border:1px solid transparent;
    }
    Code (markup):
    So in case anyone gets stuck like me on the same thing, there's the answer.

3. christianweb

christianweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if this is the case with some other style variables? I mean, some of the style variables are not actually used anywhere in the default CSS, and you have to add style definitions to additional.css for the style variables to actually work?