1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling - Brandable domain name with a small news website as an addition, make an offer!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by AvalonMedia, Feb 6, 2016.

TerrorWalk.com

If you want to have a great, new and easy manageable news website and earn some income in the future then this is your chance to start.

Short world news website for sale. Only the best and interesting news from other news website’s. It's a Joomla CMS and has been created 1 month ago.

• domain name + web hosting + website + facebook page
    • 1 hour work a day
    • Affiliate accounts: Amazon, Booking.com, Airbnb

Domain name TerrorWalk.com has been registered on a well-known domain registrar Europe Registry for a period of a one-year, ( Expiration date: September/2016 ). The buyer will have a full control over this domain name from domain’s registrar administrative section and wb hosting cPanel.

- Brandable domain name, make an offer!
    - PM us if you have any queries.
    - PM your offers or Post Here.
    - Payment: PayPal.

You can delete the current website and use this domain for any other business you want.

Thanks.

*We reserve the right to reject bids from members with no/low positive feedback.

Attached Files:

AvalonMedia, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    $500 for an RSS news aggregator?

Matthew Sayle, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  3. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Matthew,
    Thanks for reaching out.

Admin manually chooses the interesting news from other websites.
    Do You have an offer? We're flexible.

4. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I would say you're about $495 too high.

Matthew Sayle, Feb 6, 2016 IP
    ParaStorm5 likes this.
  5. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We appreciate your comment, but you know what, if we were in the buyer's position, we would buy this. This is a great deal, at a good price!

6. FullHider

FullHider Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Worth maybe 50$, not 500$.

FullHider, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  7. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We don't consider you as an expert for valuation. Obviously you don't have the capital to buy anything in this marketplace and obviously you don't have the knowledge to valuate or create anything worth selling here on this marketplace. You only have the time for trolling other websites here on sale.

$50 wouldn't be enough for a year simple hosting with Hostgator. Or you have some magic to register a domain name and buy a $50 template with 0$. Don't play games that you don't understand or don't have the money for it. Good luck with your $50.

AvalonMedia, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  8. FullHider

FullHider Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You know.. So good luck to sell this website for 500$, you will be king, if you send this for 500$ :)
    I have money, but I don't buy this kind of websites for 500$. Content is not yours (so it's worth nothing), but anyway website design is good.

FullHider, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  9. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ahhhh ... :) It's not going to be sold for $500 and it's not going to be sold for $50 either. This website was created to deliver only content about a world (EU) refugee crisis and to deliver the news from other websites only about that thematic and about unfortunately world terror attacks, so people don't forget about them and to have easy accessible info in one place. We added some other categories to fill the website, but we're considering to remove them and leave only the "terror category". We're selling because we don't have the time for quality website maintain. website design - $48 Joomla template from smartaddons. What kind of websites are you interested? Thanks for good luck wishes. :)

10. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    That is true, because even at $50.00 it's not a good deal.

This website doesn't actually have a valuation - because it's worth absolutely nothing.

The domain is worthless
    Any true digital property investor already has dozens of templates/themes they can use
    The content is stolen
    No traffic / Revenue

You also shot yourself in the foot by creating this with Joomla because not as many people are familiar with that CMS. You should have stuck with Wordpress as most people are already comfortable with that.

This really bothers me that because he is making a smart buying decision, you assume he is broke.

What would be the point of him wasting his time viewing your thread?

You aren't selling a Ferrari that poor people can drool over and dream about.

When it comes to purchasing a Digital Investment, a person needs to carefully evaluate the amount of the initial investment and the amount of time it will take to see a return on the investment.

So, let's say someone purchases your website for the current BIN price of $570.00, that would be the initial investment.

So, they spend $570.00 initially.

There is currently zero traffic to speak of, so the buyers very first concern will be driving traffic to the website.

Normally, I would start doing some SEO to the site. I would do keyword research to find the best opportunities and then build links accordingly. However, in this case your stolen content has already been indexed by Google - so you are have a strike against you. I wouldn't recommend anyone to spend time or money doing SEO against a handicapped website.

So, I wouldn't touch SEO in this case.

The next option is to drive Social Traffic to the site - there may be some potential here.

I would first create Facebook.com/TerrorWalk and Twitter.com/TerrorWalk which are both available currently, which is strange because someone else could see this listing, grab those names and then attempt to sell them to the new owner - it's a common practice which has zero overheard and unlimited return.

Anyway, now that I have Facebook and Twitter accounts set up - I would install an social media auto posting plugin to the website. I am not sure what's available for Joomla - but there is an awesome one for Wordpress called SNAP (Social Networks Auto Poster).

I would install the plugin, create the apps and get the plugin working properly. I would then make sure the auto posting plugin ($20 at Code Canyon) is posting a new article every hour.

Each article would be posted automatically to Facebook and Twitter.

There are a few tricks you can do here to maximize your exposure, but I will save that for a different conversation.

So, now that I have my content all set up to post to social media - I can now work on building a following on Facebook and Twitter - I have a precise system that I use that works nicely, but I won't share that here.

I would say with an average amount of skill an effort - the new owner could expect about 30 visitors per day on average. This isn't exactly viral content - you should shouldn't expect too much of a "craze". 30 visitors from social media per day is about right.

So, now you're getting traffic - let's say 1,000 visitors a month to be extra generous.

Now we can start thinking about monetization - we need to make money in order to see a return on our investment, right?

We have a few options...

First off, Adsense is out - they won't like the stolen content.

Second, pop unders are out - it will soon catch on that you're using them and the social community won't come anymore.

Third, we have affiliate options - but there is really nothing targeted about the traffic visiting your site - so your CTR and conversion rate will be very hard to maximize in a reasonable amount of time.

So, that leaves us with private advertising and alternative ad networks. Private advertising can be pretty lucrative, but I have only seen them really work on huge websites or super micro-niches.

30 visitors per day in a broad, untargeted niche isn't going to impress anyone - so that's out.

The only thing we have left is alternative ad networks. Places like Chitika and AdsBronco.

Now, it's very hard to estimate your RPM so I am going to be VERY generous and give your a RPM of $2.00 - which is never going to happen with an alternative ad network.

But, let's just say it's possible - So, for every 1,000 impressions the website receives, you make $2.00.

Now we ask the very important question - when will we start receiving a profit?

In order to accurately answer this question, we need to draft a profit and loss sheet.

Our expenses are very minimal, which is nice - we really only have hosting to pay for. I would advise getting a VPS because auto posting websites get big, fast.

However, let's keep it on shared for now and watch the size - so there is $10.00 per month.

So, now our profit per month is ($8.00).

Do you see the parenthesis around the $8.00? On a profit/loss sheet - that stands for a negative number. This website would actually cost us $8.00 per month to own.

So, I do have an offer. I will buy this site from you if you give me $250.00.

Sound fair?

Matthew Sayle, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  11. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1. The domain is worthless.
    The domain in worthless to you, that is OK, try to register this domain.
    2. Any true digital property investor already has dozens of templates/themes they can use.
    Agreed, That is true, we own over 200 premium templates and wordpress themes, and we suppose you do to, maybe even more, but if you don't have this template you have to pay for it as we did.
    3. The content is stolen.
    No it's not, only copied with the visible source name and link , and not the full article. This website was created to deliver only content about a world (EU) refugee crisis and to deliver the news from other websites only about that thematic and about unfortunately world terror attacks. So content from other websites, so nobody forgets. eg: Try to find this same article in 2 seconds about Paris shooting next year or for 2 years. That is the point of the website, not to do anything else. To have this thematic simply on one place.
    4. No traffic / Revenue.
    True, new site, and we're selling because we don't have the time for quality website maintain. You have to start somewhere, and no one expects to be successful now or for some time. It's new and it has its potential as any new website.
    5. Agreed with the SEO, Adds, And social accounts, - we don't have the time momentarily - that's reason for selling
    6. Automatic rss aggregator? Why? The site doesn't have to copy all news, just important content, - 1 per day. You can do it manually.
    7. WordPress is okay, but we prefer Joomla last few years. The administration with K2 component is super easy, just like WordPress.
    8. Monetization - Partially you're right, and you can input google ads, we have an account. Again, it's new. The new owner will have to invest and work on it.
    9. Yes VPS. - Yes, if the site becomes visited, but we're not working on it at all. TIME again
    10. Your offer. Trolling basically. Obviously you want a website with $500 revenue per month and your offer would still be the same. The price is not the issue, and it's not going to me sold for that price. It's not on our back, we simply don't have the time for it. it can stay here for 5 years, we don't care. Someone with similar idea will buy it, invest in it, do the things that has to be done, and make money with it.

If we only have the time, we would make this site profitable in less than 2 years.

12. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I could register lkkhgerghreogh08y04393i4g.com - does that make it valuable?

Putting two words together doesn't automatically make it valuable.

Nah, I stick with MyThemeShop and very few others. I like to keep things as simple as possible.
    Their $9.00/month premium membership is worth every penny.

Just because you have a link to the source doesn't automatically make it ok.

What are you using to pull the content?

Maybe stolen was a bit strong, but it's definitely not yours.

No, you can't use Adsense.

Adsense for feeds was retired a while ago: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/adsense/tjKg4O4RObg

Plus, even with Adsense you won't have enough traffic to even break even.

Also, there is one very important thing that I didn't even bring up in my last thread - because I assumed I made my point.

But, why would someone pay you over $500 for something they can get on Fiverr for $5.00?

There are auto blogs all over Fiverr - some really nice ones too.

13. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wait, wait. :) We never said that the content is ours and that is original. We've said that the content is from other websites. And we said the purpose of website - never forget - so we can learn from the past - easy info about the thematic. News sites are publishing all kind and sorts of important and rubbish news. we wanted to keep only the important ones. So, the source name, not the full article and link = Legal.
    Yes we can use Adsense. , We've made 2 news websites in the last 6 months with the feed for a client and Adsense works. We had it on this website too, but we've switched to Amazon.
    MyThemeShop - Good place.
    This for $5? Wow, can you give us a link of someone on Fiverr who will give us hosting account + domain + template + configuration? We will buy. ps: You can buy 8 beers for $5 in our country. :)

To pull the content? We didn't install anything, we just read news and insert the content manually that interested us. You know that the Joomla admin k2 is super easy (almost WordPress environment), but we don't have the time anymore. Pulling the content is not the purpose of the website. What is your opinion, should we keep only the "torror category" on the website and remove other content. We're considering on doing this as domain name speaks for itself.

14. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Ok, let's say you can use Adsense (which you can't) - you still aren't going to make more than $10.00 per month with the amount of traffic this site is going to be able to pull in.

So, you're still going to be losing money.

I was speaking only about a news website filled with RSS feeds.

They use the plugin WP Robot 4.

I think I have already given you enough free advice for one day - you're going to have to figure this out on your own.

Nigel Lew likes this.
  15. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We get it, you're a WordPress fan. As we said, only your opinion, and it's Okay. There is no reason that this website can't pull the good traffic in. Yes, you must work on it, and do some things, and most important you've got to have and give the time for this website and the time is privilege that we don't have momentarily. The website thematics is good, and someone with same opinion and idea will buy this website. Okay, but we didn't ask for your advice but an opinion. But, it's also okay, We have Feverr. ;)

16. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I don't think I have been overly promotional about Wordpress - I only said when building sites that will be sold, it's best to please the masses.

But where is it going to come from?

What is your traffic plan - I would love to hear it.

I have been doing this for a pretty long time - I would bet every dime I have that this website will be non-existent this time next year.

If you want my opinion, I would say it's time to hang up your hat and get a 9-5 job.

17. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    WordPress is Okay to us too. :)
    Okay, the bet is on?
    To us it's 9th year. We already work from 9-5, but we get it what you meant. Sorry, but we first must create and finish several projects this year, so as we said we don't have the time for this website and that is the reason we are here.

18. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    So, what is the traffic plan?

19. AvalonMedia

AvalonMedia Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hehehehe. We'll keep the cards for ourselves for this one. "I would bet every dime I have that this website will be non-existent this time next year. " Come back next year. The bet is on. :)

20. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    At least we agree that you're still going to be the owner in a year :)