1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Brand Newbie Here. Need a little guidance.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Daniel Donovan, Nov 15, 2015.

Hey everyone!

I'm brand new to this site, so I need a little hand-holding. My initial purpose of using this site was to offer freelance writing services, but it appears I'm unable to post anything in the "Buy, Sell, or Trade" section - could someone give me a little insight as to why this is?

Also, what resources are there on DP that would help me get up to speed as quickly as possible? I'd like to start contributing frequently and become a valuable asset to the community.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth in this.

Thanks!

Daniel Donovan, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Matthew Sayle, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi

You can respond to people wanting to buy writing services but before you can create your own thread you need to do a bit of time in the discussion part of the forum and become established. Why? Because people need to be able to do their due diligence and learn a bit about you before committing to work with you. If you behave like a tosser they might not be so keen. If you can't string a sentence together in a discussion but claim to have "Excellent English" they might ask a few more questions. Your IP comes up as Canadian but it's exhausting posting over and over on a vpn so the fakers will post their sales thread from Canada but let their discussions posts come from their real IP. People doing due diligence will take not of those changes and come to their own conclusions. If you're the real deal they will come to different conclusions, obviously.

sarahk, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  4. Daniel Donovan

Daniel Donovan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Should I just repost my questions there?

Sounds fair - I've gotta prove myself first before I can start offering anything. Got it. Thanks for the clarification!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good day to you and welcome Daniel!
    Explore this reputable site and observe the thread if it is most related on your field then interact with the members. Have a healthy discussions!

KylieSweet, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  6. Daniel Donovan

Daniel Donovan Peon

Best Answers:
    Sound advice and thank you very much! I'll start hunting through some threads of interest :)